Some tweaks that I made to my system that could help others.

MarshallCS

Reaction score
I am crossposting this from the minimal x post I made at xda of some of the changes I've made in debloating the system and making it more to my liking.

I'd love to hear what other people are doing so we can add to the list.

1 the calender - If you leave the blur calender provider, the stock asop calendar app works fine.

2. if you get rid of the blur text messaging app (conversations.apk) the enhanced asop mms app (from cyanogenmod) works fine

3. You can get rid of the dock app and all of its parts, as well as the alarm clock app if you add in the asop dock app. It includes the stock alarm clock app

4. you can replace the blur car dock app with googles car dock app.

5. I also took out blur's google chat app, and put in the asop version because they changed the notification bar icon.

6. I took out blur's email engine, and gmail still works fine.

7. Updated to the newest version of the market app

8. Updated the GPS sat tracking file to just a north american one so it picks up the satellites faster

9. you can get rid of the blur gallery app, as long as you leave the media gallery app so you can look at your images if you are using the blur camera and camcorder app

I'm still hoping someone will hack the the stock camera app so you can use a hard key. I know there is a modified asop version, but it dosen't have the good features of the stock app.

Also, looking at minimal x, I'm wondering how he got rid of so much and still kept the dialer functional... if anyone can tell me what i can get rid and keep the dialer functional that would be amazing.

Thanks, and I hope this has helped some people.

Marshall

zakth

Reaction score
Would you mind providing a listing of what files you removed for each of the things you listed above along with a link to the replacement files that you suggest using? I am mainly interested in number 3.

OP
M

MarshallCS

Reaction score
Would you mind providing a listing of what files you removed for each of the things you listed above along with a link to the replacement files that you suggest using? I am mainly interested in number 3.

For the dock, what I did was download cyanogenmod version 6 (That is the froyo version)

in there the app is called dock.apk.

on your x2 delete blur alarm clock apk and odex, dock apk and odex, dock services apk and odex

move the cyano dock app into system, change permissions and reboot

You can do the same thing with the mms app from cyanogen and conversations.apk on the x2 to change to stock texting.

I'll add some more later

zakth

Reaction score
I'm guessing I can download update-cm-6.0.0-Droid-signed.zip (That's 6.0 for the Moto Droid) and the apps should be fine for the DX2?

OP
M

MarshallCS

Reaction score
I'm guessing I can download update-cm-6.0.0-Droid-signed.zip (That's 6.0 for the Moto Droid) and the apps should be fine for the DX2?
Yup, thats what I did... the latest 6 stable release.

zakth

Reaction score
Yup, thats what I did... the latest 6 stable release.

Alright, thanks a lot! If I could get an installer script to work I'd make a flashable zip that takes care of this. But for whatever reason ever installer script I make does not want to move past "installing" lol

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Does it matter what device you pick? Are you going CDMA-Shadow?

DURR! Just read you picked sholes...

Last edited:

zakth

Reaction score
I would imagine picking the "closest" thing to our phone would be wise. Hard to tell what might have if you chose something such as... oh I don't know.. the Fascinate.

zakth

Reaction score
Was it not in /system/app folder? I can't say for sure because I'm still downloading...lol sucks to download on a 3G connection while also playing WoW.

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Was it not in /system/app folder? I can't say for sure because I'm still downloading...lol sucks to download on a 3G connection while also playing WoW.

Nope. I even downloaded 6.1.2 (latest stable) to see if it was in there. DeskClock is the only thing I'm considering.

And yeah, I would have went with the shadow build, but the OP confirmed with you to go Droid (sholes) - so I followed instructions! lol...