Some SUCCESSFUL app's I found to improve my G.NEXUS...

punkee75

Reaction score
First, I bought the new Droid Commander One bluetooth headset w/ my new NEXUS: it's a great headset! BUT, "My Motospeak", the app needed to use all it's functions, is not ICS compatible! Very frustrated for 2 days trying to find an app that would read my texts while I'm driving, I put out a desperate cry for help and received a successful app recommendation from another member; its called: ENHANCED SMS & CALLER ID...AND IT WORKS! ... BUT, then I came into an odd issue where the audio in my headset, only for the SMS reading, was wicked low...which made no sense considering when I received a call I could hear the reported name of the caller loud and clear...volume control fluctuated oddly from one task to another ...I found this odd; but I've learned to not be too surprised by 'odd' things with new OS...it's all about 'trial & error' a lot of times, right? lol ... so with this remaining issue, in addition to one other that I was determined to find an app to fix: poor signal service in areas other phones have always had fantastic service, I wanted to share with you two VERY SUCCESSFUL APPS that I've found:
Volume control solution: all things from bluetooth headset volume to ringtone volume to media playing: AUDIO MANAGER PRO by Smart Android Apps LLC: cost a few dollars BUT SOOOOOO- WORTH IT!
:icon_ lala:
Poor Signal solution
: as I mentioned, my signal reception has been significantly less comparatively to my husbands Droid X & the Razr (when I had that be4 the NEXUS...for all of 2 weeks...loved the phone but couldn't resist the nexus once it was released...still not sure if I regret the change...hoping I won't in time:/) ... the app that works great AND is ICS compatible as well, is: FRESH NETWORK PRO by McStealth.
:icon_ banana:
Now if only I can get the battery to live longer on a single charge, I will be a VERY VERY happy camper! This shall be my final mission to perfecting my NEXUS...although it may end in get the 'extended battery'...we shall see! :p:biggrin:
Hope this helps others out there! :biggrin:

Vanitas

Reaction score
The volume control does not seem to work for me. Even using audio manager pro with the volume maxed through the app it still is pretty quiet.

otter34

Reaction score
I've been using audio manager for years but its not going to make things louder than they can go. The nexus volume is just quiet so checkout an app called volume +. I have it set to 4 and there is a big difference. I'm sure custom roms will incorporate this feature somehow since everyone complains about the volume

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

waja

Reaction score
I've been using audio manager for years but its not going to make things louder than they can go. The nexus volume is just quiet so checkout an app called volume +. I have it set to 4 and there is a big difference. I'm sure custom roms will incorporate this feature somehow since everyone complains about the volume

Make sure to search on "volume+" and not "volume +" to find this app.