Some services hidden in Running Services...

Elite49

Reaction score
I'm trying out different Launchers and was using GO Launcher and noticed it has a running programs tab which is neat but... their were about 4 things that showed up that I never use and are not shown in Running Services.

These included:
Mobile Hotspots
My Verizon Mobile

I have both off in settings/frozen. Their were others but I'm drawing a blank right now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm trying out different Launchers and was using GO Launcher and noticed it has a running programs tab which is neat but... their were about 4 things that showed up that I never use and are not shown in Running Services.

These included:
Mobile Hotspots
My Verizon Mobile

I have both off in settings/frozen. Their were others but I'm drawing a blank right now.

There will always be apps running in the background. While they do appear to be active they are really just kind of sitting there. They won't draw your battery down, you can use your battery check and you'll see that.

If you really want to get rid of it all together you will need to root. And even after rooting you may still see apps that you're not using running.

It's just the way Android manages it's memory. Just don't install a task killer because that will cause you issues further on down the line.