some serious rooting problems please help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tkaaf, Sep 3, 2010.

1. tkaaf

tkaaf New Member

Where do we start. First I manually updated my droid1 to 2.2. Everything was fine. Then I rooted my phone. Still everything fine. Then I wanted to try a custom ROM so I downloaded one from ROM manager but when I tried to backup my current ROM nothing would happen. I click it and nothing. So I tried to use the recoveries and all said the same "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands". Fix permissions said the same. Did some research and attempted to get a good copy of busybox. That didn't help. So tried using terminal emulator and said "permission denied". So I tried to unroot and reroot. Using universal androot it said it failed to unroot so I tried to root and it said I was already rooted. So I tried to go back to 2.0.1 and every update.zip I tried said e: failed to verify whole-file signature e: signature verification failed. Installation aborted. So that's Where I'm stuck. Can't root or unroot, can't update or backdate, and can't get superiser off my phone to get the warranty. HELP PLEASE
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I will bump this to the top for you as I am not in the position to help right now, but these easy root apps/programs all seem to have this effect on a good percentage of it's users, don't worry though, there is a fix, just need someone from the rescue squad to get ahold of your post
  3. tkaaf

tkaaf New Member

That would be awesome. Thank you.
  4. sxtnitehawk

sxtnitehawk New Member

RDS Lite w/ a 2.1-update1 SBF File will wipe your phone of problems.....

As far as getting rooted... I used this:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

It's worked for me on 2.1 and 2.2 no problems...

When multiple things give errors when trying to run privledged commands, etc...that means you're not actually rooted. i ran into that as well...all you can do is try using the update.zip in that guide i linked... If that doesnt work you might need to clean the phone...but i could be wrong...
  5. tkaaf

tkaaf New Member

Where do I get rsd lite from. I can't seem to find it
  6. sxtnitehawk

sxtnitehawk New Member

I'm not telling...

It's in that guide I linked you to. READ IT, and ALL of it. Everything in that guide is worth knowing, so dont be lazy :) Read and follow the directions
  7. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    If you got to the link in my signature it has all the files you will need to root your phone the "right" way. These one step/easy root methods are not reliable and have been causing a lot of issues for a lot of people. Mainly it says they are rooted but in actuality they are not. Follow my guide and you will be good.