Some Questions

xturbodragon

Reaction score
1. Can I buy the droid with the 2yr contract use it for a couple of months and then stop using it and not have to pay and then use it and pay when i need it?

2. Does rooting the droid cancel the warranty?

3. What's the % of bricking by rooting/unrooting and is it easier than hacking a psp?

4. If rooting cancels the warranty can I unroot and get rid of all traces?

5. Will iphone work on vzw?

dmt316

Reaction score
1. no
2. yes
3. .001( i really dont know)
4. yes
5. no

racerbrad8

Reaction score
1. Can I buy the droid with the 2yr contract use it for a couple of months and then stop using it and not have to pay and then use it and pay when i need it?

3. What's the % of bricking by rooting/unrooting and is it easier than hacking a psp?

1. Yes. However you still need to have that account active, so if you swap out the droid with say an envy, with its $10 data package, you will be fine and no problems. There must be a phone active on the account at all times though.
2. Yes.
3. Not sure sorry.
4. I don't believe you can remove all traces of a root.
5. No.

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

1) No, that's why it's called a contract

2) Yes, read the stickys

3) I dont know anyone yet who's ruined a phone. So far everything can be fixed

4) Yes, read the stickys

5) No, they're two different cellular network technologies.

Welcome to the forum.

OP
X

xturbodragon

Reaction score
Nice :) Quick replies.

EDIT: also can you root on Android 2.1

and should i get ps3 or droid

ChevyNexus

Reaction score

1) no
2)Yes
3)it is very hard you almosy have to try to do it.
4)I agree with the guy who said i don't think you can get rid of all traces.
5) yes iv seen it done (how you do it is besides me I personally am done with apple after i had my whole ipod touch issue) all i can tell you is need a thing called something like a silver card an you have to open the iphone.
6)Idk that i hear people saying you cant.
7)Ps3 or Droid.....dude thats more of what fits your lifestyle are you a gamer where you have time to sit at home (ps3 OR xbox360 thats what i got :p ) or are you always on the go (get El Droid-O)

OP
X

xturbodragon

Reaction score

1) no
2)Yes
3)it is very hard you almosy have to try to do it.
4)I agree with the guy who said i don't think you can get rid of all traces.
5) yes iv seen it done (how you do it is besides me I personally am done with apple after i had my whole ipod touch issue) all i can tell you is need a thing called something like a silver card an you have to open the iphone.
6)Idk that i hear people saying you cant.
7)Ps3 or Droid.....dude thats more of what fits your lifestyle are you a gamer where you have time to sit at home (ps3 OR xbox360 thats what i got :p ) or are you always on the go (get El Droid-O)

hehe -_- im at school till 3 dont get home till ~6:30pm and i have time at home and my 1232143298749827 friends have ps3(one of em is like a 7th prestige -_- in 3 weeks) but then theres the girls that i wanna text and my other friends

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only place where there is a trace of rooting is on the SD card. You can mount the Droid and just trash those.

If someone knows something different then tell me, because I sure don't know where else you would see it.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only place where there is a trace of rooting is on the SD card. You can mount the Droid and just trash those.

If someone knows something different then tell me, because I sure don't know where else you would see it.

That is my undrstanding of it as well just delete the sd card and any other root apps like terminal emulator and set cpu.. there is also a nandroid backup that will put you back to stock check out matthew thread for this.. just remeber to delete the sd card

Darkseider

Reaction score
PS3 or Droid? Wow that's the first time I have ever seen that dilemna. Plain and simple PS3 if for games, alot of GREAT game, GoW III WOOT! But if you get a PS3 you won't have to worry about texting girls because you will always be playing PS3. The other is just get both. PS3 for $299 and a Droid from Wirefly for $49.95. This way you can do EVERYTHING and maybe even time travel too!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's a bit of misinformation on this thread. NO, you cannot use your contract and pay as you want, it's a contract, so you're obligated to pay whether or not you use your service. YES, it is possible to remove all traces of rooting. You simply restore to stock, and reformat your SD card.