some questions and some some opinions needed

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by chrisusa96, Sep 25, 2010.

1. chrisusa96

chrisusa96 New Member

I have had a droid 2 for about 2 months now. My wife and I have both had the storm 2 and I switched first and she fell in love with droid so we just bought her a droid 1 off ebay and I am thinking of giving her the droid 2 and keeping the 1 for me.

If I do this what do all you think I should do to it. I have rooted my droid 2 and I also know there is way more options as far as hacking the droid 1.

What kernal should I use and what is a good rom? Will overclocking it kill the battery?

I know I have a lot of research to do but thought I would get some personal opinions on what is out there.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

What is a good ROM? Everyone has a favorite, really this question gets asked all the time. Try them out and see what works best for you, because what works for some doesn't work for all. Trust me, I've closed enough threads over these guys and "my rom is better then your rom" I know what I'm talking about.

Now the Kernel would also depend upon the ROM you use. I like P3 Droids kernels but that doesn't mean it would work well in the ROM you decided to try.

Personally I liked not using any custom ROM and just running FROYO FRG01B on mine. But that's me. YMMV and probably will.
  3. chrisusa96

chrisusa96 New Member

I guess I will just do some research and start trying things out. I have a lot to learn yet about the droids and how to do things. I like all the info on here.