Some problems with my S4

jwimsett

Reaction score
For the most part my phone works well, but I am having 2 different problems.

1. When I short press my home key, it will delay for a second then open the list of my recent apps. This is supposed to happen during a long press, but it happens with a quick press too.
2. My bluetooth audio will cut out. It's the worst when I initially connect. It will happen 4 or 5 times in 10 seconds, then it will do it once or twice a song after that. This is while connected to my Alpine receiver in my car.

Any suggestions?

z96Cobra

Reaction score
I believe your first problem is related to S-voice. IIRC, S-voice can be activated by a double tap of the home button, so the phone has a delay to make sure that you aren't going to tap again to open S-voice. If you don't use S-voice, you can turn it off in settings and the delay MIGHT go away.

Not sure what is causing your bluetooth problems.

OP
J

jwimsett

Reaction score
I believe your first problem is related to S-voice. IIRC, S-voice can be activated by a double tap of the home button, so the phone has a delay to make sure that you aren't going to tap again to open S-voice. If you don't use S-voice, you can turn it off in settings and the delay MIGHT go away.

Not sure what is causing your bluetooth problems.

THe problem isn't the delay (s voice is disabled btw), the problem is it always opening up a list of my recent apps regardless if I short or long press the home button.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Are you running a launcher like Apex or Nova? If so, check your behavior settings.