some problems lately

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by angler1, May 29, 2010.

1. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Currently been running the new Bb 1.1 for the last few days with the 1.1lv kernel. For the last few months I have never had a problem flashing between different roms in clockwork or sprecovery. I usually have 4 saved on either one. Suddenly the last two days I have had to use rsdlite to recover because none of my backups suddenly work. Last night I tried to flash a rom with a 1.3kernel on rom manager and got a boot loop on the M logo. Figured must be the kernel. Went to do a restore and it would go through all the steps but each restore would cause a boot loop.
    Today I tried to flash a new rom and the same thing. Used rsd to recover and tried to do a nandroid back up with sprecovery and keep getting error 35. So I shorten the name. Same error.
    So basically, any ideas why this suddenly could be happening? After 5 months of rooting and no problems with recoveries of any kind why suddenly am I having problems? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I think it's something with ROM Manager. Lately it's been causing more problems than it's been solving. I'm sure the dev will fix it soon. Shoot a Bug report at him over on his webpage.

3. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0

4. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I was having random problems caused by something on the SD card, which a format fixed. Not sure if it'll help you though.

5. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was a afraid you would say that. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the help.

6. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    For me, all I had to do was pull the files off, format, and push the files back on, and it fixed my problems... Try that first.

7. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL. To late. Thanks though. Trying nandroid back up now.

8. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Haha, sorry, dude. Keep us posted.

9. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still no luck with sprecovery. I keep getting error 35 message. I name the backup bbgood. Something I have used dozens of times before with no problem. Thinking about going back to stock and doing a full wipe and starting from scratch. Oh well. I need to have back ups with all these great roms coming out lately I have to try them all.

10. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I did a full wipe with rsdlite and cleared my SD card, and rooted and flashed sprecovery. Installed BB 1.1 and went to make a backup and I am still getting error 35. What gives. I named my backup bbgood. I think that is short enough. Any other meanings for error 35 besides name being to long? Thanks again for the help.

With clockwork it goes through the motions in clockwork recovery then when I go to use the recovery it goes into the download mode and when it finishes my phone goes into a boot loop. Stuck on the M logo. I have had to use rsdlite 4 times in three days trying to fix this problem. Really could use some ideas. Thanks for any help. Could I have a corrupted SD card. Like I said I did a dull wipe of it. Another wirerd thing is I can't find 5 gb of music on my card but it shows up in the music player. Sorry for the rambling on.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  11. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have any ideas?

12. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Buler, anyone Butler.

13. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why not just try name it BB for your nandroid 35 error...as for the music, it might be in a folder that's named odd..what rom are you trying to load in clockwork?

14. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried bb. As far as what rom I have tried I tried 4 of the more popular ones. It just suddenly started happening. I had four backups that for weeks I would use to switch between than suddenly they stopped working. Also I have searched every folder for my music, and can't find it. Couldi have a corrupt card? Thanks for your help.

15. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So as of today I have wiped my SD card multiple times, flashed 2.01 probably a dozen times in the last four days with rsdlite. I can no longer install nandroid Roms only update.zips. All attempts to install a nandroid rom or make a nandroid backup fail with exited 35 status, no matter how short I make the name. Clockwork also can no longer make back ups that work. This happened very suddenly. One day went to restore a rom I like after trying one I didn't and it wouldn't load. Does anyone have any ideas. I have searched everywhere. I would really appreciate any ideas. I also went back to stock 2.01 and tried to get the 2.1 update pushed but that also failed.