Some possible bugs observed

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by pudah, Mar 23, 2010.

1. pudah

pudah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Overall I am loving being rooted and running DroidMod. Now, I don't know if these issues are from DroidMod, from being rooted, from having SP Recovery, from adding busybox, or from adding any features with DroidMod (or programs for being rooted like SetCPU). Frankly, I was rooted for about 30 seconds before I made a backup and started adding things. It could be from any or all of the above, but let's just go with in being since installing DroidMod as I noticed none of this on 2.0.1 with the same apps. Please let me know if you have the same issues, or if perhaps you're aware of a solution!

The first thing is the home dock weather widget. It displays in Celsius on the dock, but Fahrenheit in the program. Apparently this is a known issue, but I thought I'd include it.

Another is that when I open the keyboard on a sleeping droid, there is an abnormally long delay before the screen turns on. It is fully open for 3-5 seconds before it turns on. It works fine, but it takes getting used to compared to before.

I've also noticed that the back-lighting on the keyboard and the lights for the soft keys on the display are kind of crazy. For example, I was sitting in a well lit room typing a long message using the keyboard. I was holding along the sides of the keyboard and not covering the screen at all. The lights would come on, then shut off suddenly, and come back on again. I can replicate it sometimes, but not always.

On the same note, it seems that about half of the time I reboot those same lights don't come on at all. They're not functional until I go into the screen brightness settings, turn the auto dim off and then back on again.

Another is with music. I was playing mp3s on my car stereo with the media volume all the way up Any heavy bass section or loud part would have some serious crackling/popping distortion. It happened with a lot of songs. I tried different cables and that didn't fix it either. It also wasn't the car speakers. Eventually, I turned the media volume down one click and that fixed it... maybe. I should point out that I also had navigation running, and the nav ended simultaneously to when I lowered the media volume. I turned the media volume back up to full and it doesn't do it anymore. I'll try soon to run the nav and the mp3s simultaneously again to see if it's a conflict, but my car is getting serviced, so I dont know when that will be.

On that same note, when I reached my destination in Navigation (initiating it using a saved route as a shortcut in a desktop folder) the nav closed completely. Before rooting/this ROM I would have to choose the exit navigation button. In fact, using ATK wouldnt kill it before, only the exit navigation button.

The only other thing is when the power got down to the red blinking LED level for the first time it rebooted the phone. I saw it switch from a green LED to red and then it booted. Possibly an issue with a SetCPU profile? Not sure as I haven't recharged yet and tried again.

However, other than that one reboot it is running better than before. I have had 0 instances with home screen icons disappearing, no fore closes or any other major issue.

edit:

I found the audio issue in another thread here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/1555-headphone-jack-3.html. It looks like some people had it fixed with the 2.0.1 update and this could be why I didn't notice it before going to DroidMod. Did that part of 2.0.1 possibly not carry over or am I just crazy and didn't notice it. I tried to replicate the Nav/Music simultaneous issue and that didn't fix it, so now I don't know what caused it to be fixed after playing with the volume and putting it back to 100% yesterday. The issue is back today and nothing makes it go away at 100%. Just dropping down 1 or 2 clicks in volume. I know that is a fine solution, but Im trying to figure out why it didn't happen before, and is happening now.

#1 pudah, Mar 23, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  2. hughesjr

hughesjr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    See my comments as bold text inline above

3. pthance

pthance Member

Ratings:
    +0