1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

some one with android 2.1, and multitoch working???

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hesiquio, Jan 2, 2010.

1. hesiquio

hesiquio New Member

Im looking for a rom with 2.1 and multitouch, some one can help me?, or some one trying this?
  2. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Doesn't exist.
  3. jrocketdroid

jrocketdroid New Member

yet...but it seems a few people over at alldroid.org are working on trying to get one together.
  4. xdxdaustinxdxd

xdxdaustinxdxd New Member

Actually i dont know why people dont just use dolphin browser. Its got multitouch and works on 2.1
  5. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

why is it so unreasonable that someone would rather use the native browser with the one essential things its missing than an overbloated 3rd party browser?
  6. jrocketdroid

jrocketdroid New Member

well sure, but the multitouch that I'm waiting for is not just on the browser, but also on all the stock applications, e.g maps, gallery, etc.
  7. xdxdaustinxdxd

xdxdaustinxdxd New Member

Oh i see. Well there was no need to be a dick about it CAUGHgentlefuryCAUGH
  8. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar New Member

lol I feel the same way about dolphin browser...it seems clunky with a lot of things I don't really need or care about.

The only thing missing from the native browser is the multitouch.

I tried dolphin but I just don't know why but I hate it. It seems less responsive on initial loading (when you first open it) compared to the stock browser, and the interface on dolphin seems to take a lot more screen space, which I don't like. The multi-touch didn't really seem as smooth as it could be either. I also think that dolphin is evil and ugly......I would use firefox if it was on the market though, a im a huge firefox fan (using firefox on my pc now)...

To be honest I rather use the stock one than use dolphine+multi-touch. Double tap for the win =] (actually you would be surprised how well the double tap zoom works when you don't need to zoom very very deep)...

Double tap is faster and easier to use than pinch-to-zoom for the web browser, since you don't need the accuracy of pinch to zoom for most things (the primary reason i zoom is to zoom in on articles and other text to read it easy, which works fine 95% of the time with the double tap method)
  9. Foolish

Foolish New Member

Actually go to alldroid.org and they have both a way to ge the multi touch browser to work on 2.01 and 2.1 and a nexus rom with multi touch