Some one help please

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Droid592, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Droid592

Droid592 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So i am running CM rom 6.1.2 and wanted to install the gala s theme for this rom, Everything went fine no errors of anything of course until i got into the running everything. 1 my market wont open at all it will attempt to and then just close its self right back up, gmail was not included on this theme there for i did install the gmail apk provided and it does the same thing. I cant figure out why its doing this and any help or walk threws would be great.

2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,809
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    Restore your backup. Sounds like either a bad download or theme not for that particular build.

Sent from somewhere...

3. Droid592

Droid592 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that's the part that's even wierder is that it is for it, other people seem to be running it fine I just can't pinpoint what I'm missing because all the other themes seem to be fine

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. SinCitySRT4

SinCitySRT4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Check your account settings and see if your Google account is logged in by chance. I had that happen to me in a different case and it was because I wasn't logged in.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    did you try running fix permissions?? a bad dl also sounds like a good candidate. try reflashing the rom again (try it without wiping, first), and then reflashing a freshly dl'd theme.

6. Droid592

Droid592 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats the thing because this theme and actually rom too ( heres an idea as to where i may be missing it ) ok both the rom and theme from what i remember do not come with the market or google apps like gmail. I cant open (well i can) accounts and settings to set one up because every time i do go to set up it sets up a exchange thing which is fine it gets my emails but it doesn't allow me to open market at all or the gmail apk i install.

Ive done that once and did nothing and because i cant get into the market i cant download the rom managers i need to run that with the theme so it was done before i put the theme on there. Ive done a clean install of rom and have attempted a wipe and no wipe and still the same issue

Here is the link to where i am getting the theme from
    [THEME PACK] CM6.1 Theme Collection - CyanogenMod Forum

Its the third one down galaxy s

7. Droid592

Droid592 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump

8. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    it looks like you're running CM 6.1.2, but the theme is only for v6.1. if a theme hasn't been updated for the current version of the rom, you will get everyone's favorite cereal - boot loops. sounds like that is your issue. contact the theme dev'r, or search around the forum, and see if Galaxy S has been updated to the current rom version.

9. Droid592

Droid592 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I seen that so I even went back to the rom its for and still the same issues, also reading the thread its been ported for it already so idk what's going on. I posted the issues on that thread but to this day haven't gotten one reply, last night while looking around the forums here I actually found a rom and theme. LFY rom running now and actually have his theme gala s and I'm very happy with it. Sucks because I usually only use cm was a big fan but I'm glad I found what I was looking for finally.

Also to everyone here thanks for the help I know I can rely on this forum for quick help !