Some of the worst battery life I've ever seen????

OP
S

Stormwing

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys! I've switched to one of cvpcs's kernels, and Battery Use is back up with apps now.

Right now I've got 3 screens, LauncherPro, but lots of widgets. Never had an issue with them before; the only new additions were DigiClock and News and Weather. Could Weather be part of the problem? doubt it though...

Dude cc2 that batt life is pretty crazy. I've never used that many setcpu profiles though, maybe I'll try that.

Is there any way I can verify whether or not I need a new battery? a /system/ wipe still doesnt sound all that enticing haha, i dont even have adb installed (nor a computer I can really rely on tbh.....)

captdroid

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys! I've switched to one of cvpcs's kernels, and Battery Use is back up with apps now.

Right now I've got 3 screens, LauncherPro, but lots of widgets. Never had an issue with them before; the only new additions were DigiClock and News and Weather. Could Weather be part of the problem? doubt it though...

Dude cc2 that batt life is pretty crazy. I've never used that many setcpu profiles though, maybe I'll try that.

Is there any way I can verify whether or not I need a new battery? a /system/ wipe still doesnt sound all that enticing haha, i dont even have adb installed (nor a computer I can really rely on tbh.....)

Start taking things out like removing the widgets etc... uninstall stuff, trim it all down, clear out dalvik cache after that... and see how it goes. Or just Nandroid backup and install clean Sapphire after wipe data/cache and run it for a while without anything else and see how it goes.

Last edited:

NoKz

Reaction score
Dude, I can go a day without charging my phone if I use it sparingly. If you're losing THAT much on idle time, might be time to replace the battery.

captdroid

Reaction score
Dude, I can go a day without charging my phone if I use it sparingly. If you're losing THAT much on idle time, might be time to replace the battery.

Heck mine will last 12+ hours from 100% charge if I use it sparingly. No juice defender, etc.

Last edited:

JoelWRX

Reaction score
With AOSP Roms its important to remember the first day battery life will not be accurate. You need to let the phone deplete charge and then recharge it. Its almost like a calibration and if you just let it die completely then recharge it batt will be back to normal

Glueeater

Reaction score
With AOSP Roms its important to remember the first day battery life will not be accurate. You need to let the phone deplete charge and then recharge it. Its almost like a calibration and if you just let it die completely then recharge it batt will be back to normal

Why is that?

Heck mine will last 12+ hours from 100% charge if I use it sparingly. No juice defender, etc.

This. I get 12+ hours with heavy use? Wifi, sync off, media player (stock), texting, and emails from time to time…

I think I even got 12 hours with an hour of watching a video w/ Rockplayer lol.

mjones73

Reaction score

I'd like to know why is that too, never had that experience running AOSP roms.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Btw, the kernel is what is the cause of nothing appearing in the Battery Usage. You should flash one of the cvpcs kernels from here:

Index of /sapphire/froyo/1.0.0/kernels/latest

Tanky ...

Any way to indicate when these were updated?

Are they the same as what's on the wiki?

Wanting to know, if the latest, I would reflash my lv 250/1000 now ... :)

Update: Ok, well I know they are the same as the wiki, but when were they, how often are they updated?
(the kernal I have had a larger file size then what is there now)

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score

I can accept that for calibrating the batt meter, but that is not what the OP is indicating ...

mjones73

Reaction score
Btw, the kernel is what is the cause of nothing appearing in the Battery Usage. You should flash one of the cvpcs kernels from here:

Tanky ...

If you go to Index of /sapphire/froyo/1.0.0/kernels you'll see the most current folder by date with the latest being 8/18. As far as I can tell the latest folder always is a duplicate or linked to the most current date.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score

Tanky ...

If you go to Index of /sapphire/froyo/1.0.0/kernels you'll see the most current folder by date with the latest being 8/18. As far as I can tell the latest folder always is a duplicate or linked to the most current date.

Kewl thanks, didn't think of trying to go up a folder from the "latest" Dir ...

Flashed the latest one now, evaluating ... I hate missing out :) especially if they trim it down and beef it up for batt and other tweaks.

Thoraldus

Reaction score
Sapphire 1.0.0 with the stock kernel has given me the best battery life I have ever experienced on my Droid 1. Typically I can go 48 hours between charges now if I have to. I do keep my batteries ( I have two that I rotate once a week) topped up as much as possible. Lithium-Ion likes to be kept topped up for best battery life.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just noticed something strange with my battery this morning as well. I usually keep my phone plugged into my computer here at work to keep it charged, but while watching an episode of Family Guy (while still plugged to the computer) my battery life went from 100% to 50%. Should it have gone down that much? I figured since it was plugged into the computer it shouldn't have went down like that. I take it this thought is flawed?

Thoraldus

Reaction score
I just noticed something strange with my battery this morning as well. I usually keep my phone plugged into my computer here at work to keep it charged, but while watching an episode of Family Guy (while still plugged to the computer) my battery life went from 100% to 50%. Should it have gone down that much? I figured since it was plugged into the computer it shouldn't have went down like that. I take it this thought is flawed?

Check to see if it is actually charging when hooked up to the computer. USB ports do not have the same charge level as the AC adapter.

OP
S

Stormwing

Reaction score
So I flashed BB0.4 again for kicks to see how my battery life would be. I did a nandroid backup at low 60s, by the time I rebooted to flash BB it was at 50%. Ten minutes later it tells me I'm at 40%. That definitely doesn't look right.

I've also noticed that any time I browse the battery goes down dramatically. Like, a disproportionate amount....engadget/autoblog taking out 10% in 15-20 mins or something. I know data use and 3G is taxing, but this seems pretty screwy. Lithium (and iirc BB0.4) seemed to have the same issue too. It's not a Froyo thing right? I have this feeling my battery life started getting worse after I started using 2.2 roms. Just coincidence, maybe.

But anyway could it really be something in /system/? Or is it pretty obvious by now my battery is shot?