Some kind of Voice Command has taken over my Droid Turbo!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Turbo' started by btc1951, Dec 1, 2014.

1. btc1951

btc1951 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I feel like I'm becoming a PIA but this is really serious and I'm really trying to avoid a factory reset. I was setting up my Voice settings this morning - training it to know my voice, and somehow it is now saying every command or button I press... almost like an accessibility issue. But my settings screen won't scroll down down so I can access the accessibility settings to see if I accidentally set something there, and when I'm in Apps, it won't let me swipe past the first screen of apps. I need to know if there is any other solution other than factory reset! I have spent hours these last 3 days getting everything the way I want it. That has to be a last resort!

2. grenefroggie

grenefroggie Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +464
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Nexus 5
    Check your accessibility setting to see if anything in there is checked that shouldn't be.

3. btc1951

btc1951 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    That's exactly what it was, but it also froze my screen so I couldn't get to the settings-accessibility screen to fix it. After googling for quite a long time I found out that if you swipe across the screen with two fingers, starting together then swiping away from each other, it can [and in my case did] unfreeze the screen. Then I was able to go to the accessibility settings and see that that TalkBack settings were set to the On setting.

4. grenefroggie

grenefroggie Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +464
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Nexus 5
    Good to see you got it resolved!! I saw your other post and liked the solution.