Some kind of Voice Command has taken over my Droid Turbo!

btc1951

Reaction score
I feel like I'm becoming a PIA but this is really serious and I'm really trying to avoid a factory reset. I was setting up my Voice settings this morning - training it to know my voice, and somehow it is now saying every command or button I press... almost like an accessibility issue. But my settings screen won't scroll down down so I can access the accessibility settings to see if I accidentally set something there, and when I'm in Apps, it won't let me swipe past the first screen of apps. I need to know if there is any other solution other than factory reset! I have spent hours these last 3 days getting everything the way I want it. That has to be a last resort!

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Check your accessibility setting to see if anything in there is checked that shouldn't be.

OP
btc1951

btc1951

Reaction score
That's exactly what it was, but it also froze my screen so I couldn't get to the settings-accessibility screen to fix it. After googling for quite a long time I found out that if you swipe across the screen with two fingers, starting together then swiping away from each other, it can [and in my case did] unfreeze the screen. Then I was able to go to the accessibility settings and see that that TalkBack settings were set to the On setting.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Good to see you got it resolved!! I saw your other post and liked the solution.