Some interesting reports

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I've read a few things about what Verizon is offering in addition to this phone launch:

Trade in: Bring in any smartphone regardless of value and get $100 off.

Free single time broken screen exchange for the entire 2 year contract.

Does anyone know if there's plan limitations for this? I'll dig out my OG Droid if this is true, hate to say goodbye to the old girl but for $100...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I believe it's correct.. As long as you're buying on contract

OP
Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Well it looks like unlimited data is finally become too expensive to keep. Sigh.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
$100 off, huh? Hmmm... Have two D2s, one that's pretty scratched up.

OP
Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
What are the current cheap servings of limited data offered to those who are moving off right now? I remember where they were giving higher data caps to converts of unlimited some time ago, anything like that still going on?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There are some discounted data plans but I'm in the 40GB range and that is $150/month. 30GB is $120. There's a chart I posted. I'll see if I can find it

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I wish Verizon's site would let me figure out how much it would cost to move my family over from AT&T.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sticking with unlimited....my news apps download about 500megs a day (great to be able to read offline when I don't have a good data signal), and all 4G when I travel. Plus some "modest" tethering....I'm hitting 15-20gigs a month.

Although an extra $400 retail, plus the $100 trade-in....it's an expensive luxury. But $40 more a month for data and that savings is wiped out in just 1 year. I think for most people the free screen replacement is a sucker's deal - a few will take advantage but I think this is one tough phone.

On the plus side, paying retail keeps you from upgrading until it's necessary. Probably have this next phone 4+ years.

Beer

Reaction score
I think to get the $100 trade in discount you're going to need to go on contract and lose your unlimited.

TatDroid

Reaction score
What are the current cheap servings of limited data offered to those who are moving off right now? I remember where they were giving higher data caps to converts of unlimited some time ago, anything like that still going on?
I haven't checked recently, but last I heard current unlimited customers could still get the "Max" plan - 6GB/mo for same $30 that currently pay. You must ask for it by name, and do NOT let them try to convince you this is some kind of Edge plan. It is not. It is a standard 2 year contract with 6GB of data per month.

OP
Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I haven't checked recently, but last I heard current unlimited customers could still get the "Max" plan - 6GB/mo for same $30 that currently pay. You must ask for it by name, and do NOT let them try to convince you this is some kind of Edge plan. It is not. It is a standard 2 year contract with 6GB of data per month.

Exactly what I wanted to know, thanks!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
You don't need to be on contract to get the $100 trade in. I am getting mine with Edge and am trading in one of our unlocked Moto G's that we use on AT&T.

OP
Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
You don't need to be on contract to get the $100 trade in. I am getting mine with Edge and am trading in one of our unlocked Moto G's that we use on AT&T.

You suggesting I can buy it retail with $100 off?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
You suggesting I can buy it retail with $100 off?

According to what the mgr at the VZW store told me I don't see why not. I had pondered buying outright and nothing changed on the trade-in credit.