1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Some how my phone has a PIN password set on it. Never set one before! I NEED HELP!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Kiwipie, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Kiwipie

Kiwipie New Member

Okay so i need some help. I let my house 2 days ago and my phone was locked. NEVER set a password on this one and i REALLY dont want to lose all my contacts and everything from a hard reset! I have some that i wont be able to replace and things i would just not want to lose in general. If it was stolen i would simply Reformat it without a problem, but this is MY PERSONAL PHONE and its bricked. i can get incoming call but thats it. its really putting a damper on me. I use my phone for ALOT! Im in the music business so this is pretty needed. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO? Btw the i have an app installed called lookout that supposedly backs up my info, but im not taking the chance. SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw it is the original verizon DROID
  2. JustisLewis

JustisLewis New Member

Nothing you can do but reset. Sorry friend. Fortunately google backs up your contacts and they, along with your apps, will restore when you sign into your google account

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. Kiwipie

Kiwipie New Member

my contacts arent on my gmail, and last time i got a new phone i had to re enter everything. :( im gonna just hard reset anyway though. thanks. ****ing sucks
  4. beneharris

beneharris New Member

how was it locked? in waht way? i remember on my old Env when i accidentally locked my phone from the settings menu, it was just the last 4 digits of my phone number that unlocked it. its possible that could be what it is for this
  5. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter New Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Your contacts are saved via your google account unless you opted to not sync them. Did you do that?
  6. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

Try the last 4 digits of your phone number and see if that works. Otherwise you could go into the verizon store and see if they can do anything but they probably won't be able too.

Contacts and calendar are saved through google.
    Applications are linked to your google account as well.

Doing a hard reset won't be so bad. And you'll get all your backed up stuff back. You'll just lose your text messages, call log, etc.
  7. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

I wonder if there's a way around this by booting into recovery. You should at least be able to access /system and /data to backup apps or other files should you choose to wipe. That would require mounting those file systems from within recovery and using adb shell commands from your computer.

I would also make a full backup in case you suddenly remember creating this lock in your sleep (and the key.)

Perhaps someone you know gained access and set it? We are talking about a PIN to unlock, right?

Also, there's only what, 10000 combinations if you want to brute force it manually? That couldn't take too long? Sorry, I kid.
  8. ewalton1st

ewalton1st New Member

If you try to login to many time it will prompt you to log in with you gmail username and password.
Search tags for this page
hack motorola verizon password pin
hack phone password

how do you hack a phone password

how to bypass a max west android phone numeric pin

how to bypass a password lock on a droid razr maxx

how to bypass motorola droid password

how to bypass motorola pin
how to bypass pin on htc droid 2
how to crack a phone password
how to hack a password on a phone

how to hack a phone password