Some Email Comes Through...Some Doesn't

mrtrumpet

Reaction score
I have 3 accounts that are linked to my phone. 2 are POP3 and one is GMail. Most of the mail gets through. However, I often find messages in my accounts on my PC that didn't make it. They are not marked as spam, but are people I frequently communicate with.

I'm using the GMail app.

Does anyone have an idea why some mail makes it and some doesn't? Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
Dave

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have 3 accounts that are linked to my phone. 2 are POP3 and one is GMail. Most of the mail gets through. However, I often find messages in my accounts on my PC that didn't make it. They are not marked as spam, but are people I frequently communicate with.

I'm using the GMail app.

Does anyone have an idea why some mail makes it and some doesn't? Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
Dave

The 2 that are POP3 do you have them set up in gmail that way?

mjs31

Reaction score

I'm using the GMail app.

Thanks
Dave

With your pop3 emails you need to make sure that your desktop email program, such as Outlook, is set to leave message on the server. If not, then emails brought into your desktop will not get to your phone.

Here is a link on how to do it for Outlook just in case. This may not be your issue, but it definitely will do what you are seeing if it is not setup correctly.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011507931033.aspx

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mjs31's comment was the first thing that came to my mind.

Are the missing email messages only from the POP accounts or from the gmail account as well? The answer to that should help narrow it down.

OP
M

mrtrumpet

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The missing emails were/are from the POP 3 accounts. G Mail account was fine. I changed the properties in Outlook 2003 to leave the messages on the server. Now we'll wait and see. Got my fingers crossed!

Thanks again.

Dave

bigmac007

Reaction score
I had the same problem and did the same fix you just did. It worked. Now if only I could get the emails pushed...