Some contacts arent showing a phone number

Hokiecadet

Reaction score
I discovered today when I look through my contacts and click on someone that I have linked to a facebook account it sometimes doesnt show their phone number. If they have a status posted it doesnt show any numbers but if they dont then if does show there number. Does anyone know how to make it so that when I look through my Phone Contacts I dont see statuses and instead see the number I am looking for.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just noticed this too...my son's contact does not show his phone number...I even removed and re-added it in outlook and no number shows.

Clearly looks like a bug in the D2 contact app/facebook integration.

i'm going to try adding my son's number to his outlook contact record twice to see if it shows up then. This doesn't happen w/my wife's account, and she has multiple phone numbers in hers.

plutonium0587

Reaction score
Mine is doing this too. It has all of their information except for the phone number. It seems to only do it on contacts that have status updates listed. It is almost like it covers up the phone number on top or something.

OP
H

Hokiecadet

Reaction score
Well im currently on the phone with Verizon so hopefully I will have an answer for you guys soon. I called my parents who have Droid Xs and they dont have this issue so either its a Droid 2 specific thing

plutonium0587

Reaction score
I was looking on motorola support forums and it seems like droid X people had this problem too. Only way they could fix it was remove the integrated facebook stuff.

OP
H

Hokiecadet

Reaction score
i took off my facebook account and the app and it didnt do anything. the technician i talked to said there are no settings in the phone to resolve this issue and that she talked to other technicians and they have been fielding the same questions from customers. she had two suggestions one being a total wipe of the phone which may or may not resolve the issue or possibly try exchanging the phone for a new one if you are under the 30 days but she couldnt guarantee that the new phone wouldnt have the same issue. i texted a friend of mine who has the Droid2 to see if she has the same issue but havent heard back. ill post again when she gets back to me.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What you guys need to do is go to a computer and look at what is on your gmail account. Do you have duplicates? Merge them. Make sure gmail has the phone number for each of your contacts.

plutonium0587

Reaction score
An example as to what I just did to produce this result is as follows:

I had a contact that was only in my gmail google contacts. I then linked this contact to a contact on my facebook contacts. Their phone number is now missing from the contact information, but is still there when I go to edit the contact.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that link...

At least it's acknowledged and they are working on it...

"Yes, this is a known bug and has been reported. A fix is in the works but I don't have a delivery timeline to share right now.

I don't think this is as bad as it appears. If you just touch the Facebook photo of the contact you get a little flyout that offers icons to call, text, etc. The call icon will either dial or offer you a choice among the available phone numbers. Once I figured this out I was ready to be patient until the fix, since this is kind of a pain."

I tried adding my son's phone number to his account so it's listed under home and mobile, and neither number displays.

txter

Reaction score
if you select a contact and it doesnt show the number, do this...
tap on their picture in the upper left corner, then tap the little phone on the left of the pop up window. that will show all numbers within that contact.