Some Clarification Please

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
OK so once rooted. Titanium Backup installed. What exactly needs to be backed up prior to installing a ROM? Just the Apps you downloaded form the market?
Then once you have a ROM installed if you want to go back to stock what exactly do you need to do? I have someone asking me this and I don't want to give them bad gouge here. Aparently he has tried to back up the original ROM with ROM Manager and he said his phone reboots immediatly upon doing this so he is not sure how to get the phone back to original if he does not like a ROM after installing it.

razorloves

Reaction score
must install Droid X Recovery Bootstrap (market).
open app and tap Bootstrap Recovery.
then tap Reboot Recovery,
then do a backup.
that will do a full nandroid backup of your current rom and setup. if you ever want to restore that backup, just perform the same steps, except choose restore instead of backup.

if you want to go back to complete stock, flash the sbf file.

i've never used titanium backup, but i suppose you just backup whatever you want to save.

Last edited:

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
i dont have an issue with backing up BUT i would like to know where to find the SBF file...im running 2.2 (obviously lol)rubix .3 blurry with black bar mod...if i wanted to sell this phone and get it back to factory out of the box state...unrooted 2.2....what SBF file would this be...

razorloves

Reaction score
i dont have an issue with backing up BUT i would like to know where to find the SBF file...im running 2.2 (obviously lol)rubix .3 blurry with black bar mod...if i wanted to sell this phone and get it back to factory out of the box state...unrooted 2.2....what SBF file would this be...
the full 2.2 one.

Last edited:

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK so once rooted. Titanium Backup installed. What exactly needs to be backed up prior to installing a ROM? Just the Apps you downloaded form the market?
Then once you have a ROM installed if you want to go back to stock what exactly do you need to do? I have someone asking me this and I don't want to give them bad gouge here. Aparently he has tried to back up the original ROM with ROM Manager and he said his phone reboots immediatly upon doing this so he is not sure how to get the phone back to original if he does not like a ROM after installing it.

I backup all apps and data through Titanium BU. And if you have a ROM that leaves original apps on it and you don't use them just freeze them. I just use TBU for extra security.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Ag3nt X

Ag3nt X

Reaction score

I backup all apps and data through Titanium BU. And if you have a ROM that leaves original apps on it and you don't use them just freeze them. I just use TBU for extra security.

Right so can't you just do a factory reset and use the TBU instead of using the recovery Bootstrapper if you wanted to go back to original? I ask this because to me it makes more sense to do that as you will also get a wipe in the process.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
a factory reset isnt gonna take off a rom

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

Right so can't you just do a factory reset and use the TBU instead of using the recovery Bootstrapper if you wanted to go back to original? I ask this because to me it makes more sense to do that as you will also get a wipe in the process.

No abe is right it won't get rid of a ROM. But it does repair links to market. Like I said I use it for extra security. Always make a backup. Its easy anyway. Bootstrap rules. Hope this helps a little.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no bc its built into the system and wipe will only clear user data