Some Bionic Love...

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Still loving my Bionic as well. Bought mine on release day and it's still blazing fast, and I love the extra features like Webtop and HDMI mirroring. The few minor bugs have been easy to work around, and are far outweighed by the wicked performance of this hardware.

Watching all the hype about the Razr any Galaxy Nexus has gotten me excited, but no phone is perfect and they all have pros and cons. Some people seem to be idealizing the new phones and forgetting the Bionic's virtues. Personally I wouldn't trade my removable battery for a slightly improved screen, but that's just me. It's great that we have so many choices. Most of all, I'm looking forward to ICS on the Bionic -- either officially or via a ROM, one way or the other it won't be long now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
I am the OP. Coming to DF this AM reminded me of the day I started this thread.

Is this the "Why don't I have a RAZR" forum or the Bionic forum?

Geeez...

Ansa82

Reaction score
New bionic

I just got mine this past Friday...I love it!! I went from original HTC incredible and got an early upgrade discount $50 less....which I spent then on a charging dock and case :(
Anyways...still getting to know my new device. I love the bigger screen size...am impressed with the camera and it's so much faster than my incredible was!! I am wondering what to do with my sd card. When the sales lady at the Verizon store activated for me she put my old SD card in my new phone...she said it was VERY small compared with the one that came with the bionic. Then she proceeded to sell me this tiny gizmo for $12 to plug an sd card into my computer....what??? I'm not sure exactly what to do?? New sd card that came with bionic is in my old htc incredible...so how do I switch them around?? I know she was busy but jeez I'm no expert and am clueless as what to do.

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Ansa:
- Check your manual (Google it!) for how to remove/replace SDCards.
- You didn't need any "gizmo", unfortunately. Check the manual for how to connect your Bionic to your computer using the cable provided.
- Access the removable SDCard. To do this, you'll see sdcard and sdcard-ext when you look at your Bionic. The removable sdcard is identified as sdcard-ext, the sdcard location is the internal, non-removable storage media. Weird, but that's how it works.
- Copy to your computer any important information you may have on your old sdcard that is currrently installed on your Bionic.
- Put the sdcard in that came with your Bionic.
- Copy that information to sdcard-ext in the appropriate locations.

There's loads of good info on this site and in your Bionic manual. Do some research and so some learning and you'll no longer be at the mercy of VZW sales folks.

Ansa82

Reaction score
Thank you...yeah they did try to sell me a ton of stuff!! Do you know she even just went ahead and grabbed a set of 3 screen protectors, opened it and was putting it on when I said " hey, what are you doing"??? She was like OH, IM SORRY, I thought you wanted screen protectors!?? I kinda felt like ok...maybe I should have that but once home I look at the screen and it looked horrible! All WIERD & distorted....so I peeled it off. Made me mad but the store is not right next door to me so I didn't consider going back. I'm finding the guerilla glass is perfectly fine on its own...I'm not rough on my phones. Anyways thanks for the ad card instructions...I appreciate it. And for telling me I can google my manual...I thought it odd that you don't get one with new phones anymore! Thanks. ansa82

JoDroid

Reaction score
I love my Bionic and if it gets ICS it will love it even more. I am going to buy my Brother a new phone for Christmas. He has the original HTC that is hanging on by a thread. I am going to wait for the Nexus to come out and see the reviews. If they are good I might consider giving my Brother my Bionic and I will get the Nexus. I would also go into Verizon to check it out in person as well. I am going to get my Brother a Bionic one way or another but this would be a good way for me to get the Nexus if I want it ;)

welsalex

Reaction score
I love my Bionic and if it gets ICS it will love it even more. I am going to buy my Brother a new phone for Christmas. He has the original HTC that is hanging on by a thread. I am going to wait for the Nexus to come out and see the reviews. If they are good I might consider giving my Brother my Bionic and I will get the Nexus. I would also go into Verizon to check it out in person as well. I am going to get my Brother a Bionic one way or another but this would be a good way for me to get the Nexus if I want it ;)

I feel like the Nexus has a more generic look to it. Droids have like a sleekish look. Of course thats almost last on my list of cares fpr a phone, but combined i find droids in general to be overall mpre appealing. Im sorry this post is kind of random but i just felt like saying it after reading that

Reaction score
Does any one know where to get case covers for xtended battery for bionic?

Smeech

Reaction score
I knew what was in store for the holiday, but couldn't wait. My OG Droid was having spontaneous screen issues and some physical KB keys were having issues so I wanted to upgrade. No regrets, the extended battery is the most valuable asset to me. Feels great and battery life is phenomenal.

Plus its blazing fast!

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Yeah - I've been on the fence about buying the extended battery. It's still on sale at VZW for that very attractive price.

I have a second standard battery that I never use, as one standard battery gets me through every type of day so far. But, there are some circumstances where having one battery that could make it through extra long days with really excessive phone use (watching movies while on travel for instance) would make sense.

Still thinkin' about it...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yeah - I've been on the fence about buying the extended battery. It's still on sale at VZW for that very attractive price.

I have a second standard battery that I never use, as one standard battery gets me through every type of day so far. But, there are some circumstances where having one battery that could make it through extra long days with really excessive phone use (watching movies while on travel for instance) would make sense.

Still thinkin' about it...

I bough the extended battery Sat.. takes a lot longer to charge. Now, we used the phone from early yesterday, with games, video, pics, posting and texts ..by 3 pm it was dead. Now I also had LWP running, it did seem longer, but I think the more u charge it, the more it will last. This was on an initial charge. It is definitely lasts longer than the standard battery.

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Shadez,
Makes sense that the larger battery would take longer to charge. And, all batteries need a number of cycles to get to optimum performance.

Owners boast of 2-day battery life. Pretty amazing.
Did you get 50% off at your locall store?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Shadez,
Makes sense that the larger battery would take longer to charge. And, all batteries need a number of cycles to get to optimum performance.

Owners boast of 2-day battery life. Pretty amazing.
Did you get 50% off at your locall store?

Yea I meant to put that in my post, that I expected it to take longer to charge. I got it for $25 at the local vzw store. To me, its worth it, even if its a couple extra hours. Now, when I am not using the phone, I have it always set on better alarm app, which shows the time and weather etc, a long with a halloween LWP. I only use LWP on holidays usually, so of course that's eating into it. But overall, I would suggest it. Also, with the standard battery, I figure it will work nicely as a backup battery without having to carry around the standard back with you, as it fits snuggly when it place. We all know how hard it is to get the battery out, although I haven't actually tested it yet, I don't think it will be a problem. SO botom line is, I would recommend the extended battery, and you have your standard as a backup.