Solving the app discovery problem

ronhud

Reaction score
We've just published a potentially v. important app on Google Play. It's the world's 1st to use 'crowd-sourcing' to collectively crack the app discovery problem i.e. which apps are worth downloading? If we can get mass adoption and it works - and everyone gets behind it - it could change the industry and provide Android users with a massive advantage over Apple users - and those on other platforms. We're looking for people to install the app, give us feedback, get others to join etc. We're deliberately not mentioning the name of the app yet - as we don't want to be accused of spamming your forums. But we have a genuinely exciting product - and we'd appreciate your help. If you can get involved - please post here and we'll reveal more details.

Reaction score
I am curious.

Although i have to be honest. Providing the name of a new app that is available that could be as big as you suggest is not spamming. But being so vague makes it sound less legit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Jungle King 76 said:
I am curious.

Although i have to be honest. Providing the name of a new app that is available that could be as big as you suggest is not spamming. But being so vague makes it sound less legit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

+1

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

OP
R

ronhud

Reaction score
Hi the name of the app is MrAndroid and it is available free from Google Play. What does it do?

An app that has millions of downloads is noteworthy, but what's really useful to know is how many of these users are still around in a week, a month, after six months, and how often they are using the app. Basically, as thousands of new Android apps are released every day, we need more information than a simple download number can provide.
Mr Android monitors the apps we all use (and keep using), after they're downloaded. He collects this data and shares it, suggesting new apps worth downloading or paying for, based on global usage. His sole aim is to make Planet Android a better place for everyone.

Download it from Google Play and see what you think. If we can get mass adoption we will be able to choose our apps on solid 'proof by use'. If you like it tell your friends, write a review and do send us your feedback to [email protected]

OP
R

ronhud

Reaction score
MrAndroid - with your permission - counts the number of times each app is used on each phone where it is installed, this means that recommendations are based on the statistical use data and I don't think anyone else does that. As the number of installations grows it will bring real informed choice to the market place. Visit the website, it is free so try it and if you like it tell your friends.