[Solved] Verizon i545 Upgrade ERROR

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Has anybody else has this issue?! My Verizon I545 finally got the KitKat update, but when it reboots and starts to install, it spits out "ERROR!" on the black recovery screen, and then reboots, where it tells me "Sorry there was a problem updating your SAMSUNG SCH-I545. No changes were made."

I plug it into Kies 3 and the verizon updater on my laptop, and it claims it's up to date, but I'm still at 4.3. I was previously rooted, but I performed a full unroot and got rid of the custom recovery- there's no longer an unlocked padlock on my phone as it boots up. I restored every app I deleted in TitaniumBackup previously, too, just incase (such as reinstalling verizon apps, knox, etc.) Please let me know if anyone has any solutions :\.

OP
RyanPm40

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Look in "about" in settings and see if it still says "modified" Just checking.

Where would I be seeing this if it were to say modified still? I see that it has a "Secure boot status Type: Samsung", and it's running the MK2 baseband.

Hmm, if I go under "status" it says my device status is "Custom".. could that be a problem?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Yes, custom is the same as modified. When you returned to stock it did not reset the counter. You can download the current OS for your phone and flash it via Odin.

One other thought: You can try resetting the counter using Triangle Away. It's free on XDA or $2.50 at the Play Store.

OP
RyanPm40

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Great, thanks a lot, I'm flashing a no-wipe Odin tar for MK2 right now, hopefully I will be able to get the update working when it's done. Do you think I'll need to unroot before updating again, or will the update go through and just break root?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I think the update will break root.

OP
RyanPm40

RyanPm40

Reaction score
The update worked! Thanks guys.

...Now, to figure out why my 4G keeps greying out and won't send texts/randomly loses connection...