[Solved] Lighutake.com virus????

Joe Droid

Reaction score
Starting today while playing words with friends, I keep getting the screen that wants to know which browser I want to use. When I click on one of the browsers, I'm sent to a warning of a virus. The warning is:

WARNING: You Can Not View Our Website YOUR PHONE HAS A RISK. Please Scan and Remove Viruses NOW!

Then there's the "ok" that can be clicked to "remove the virus".

Of course, I didn't click on it, but my question is how do I remove the constant popping up of this item?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sounds like it's an ad. Are you rooted? If so, get an adblocking app. If not, then I don't think there are any real solutions other than to uninstall words with friends.

Heidi Jones

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy 5s
I don't think it is a words with friends ad issue. The same thing started for me today. I was just browsing CNN on chrome when it started. I have never installed words with friends
I haven't clicked on any of the prompts, I closed with the task manager.

Last edited:
OP
Joe Droid

Joe Droid

Reaction score
I'm not rooted. I googled the website, and it looks like something I don't want to go to, especially with my desktop. Did closing with the task manager stop it from recurring?

Mista Mention

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I noticed the same thing lately, but only when I use the Team Stream Bleacher Reports app.

HELP !!

Heidi Jones

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy 5s
I'm not rooted. I googled the website, and it looks like something I don't want to go to, especially with my desktop. Did closing with the task manager stop it from recurring?
My 5S is not rooted either. LIGHUTAKE did open again time closing with task manager. :( but I haven't seen it today

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It doesn't sound like a virus to me, just an annoying ad. However, if you feel like you're device is ever infected there are virus scanning apps in the Play Store by well renowned companies. I believe off the top of my head I've seen, Norton, Kaspersky, and Malwarebytes.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yeah, I'm going with the idea that it's one of those scams that create a fictitious problem on the device and then try to get you to scan with and ultimately subscribe to use a virus scanner app to "remove" the non-existent "virus". This problem is far more prevalent on desktop PCs, but has been making its way into Android more recently as the OS gets more and more powerful.

We have to identify which app or apps are allowing this scamware to pop up, and then remove the offending app.

Heidi Jones

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy 5s
I think you are right. I don't have Team Stream or Words with Friends like other users. I think my problem app might be Srabble. Here's what I see

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-19-22-56-05.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-19-22-56-05.png
    168 KB · Views: 252
OP
Joe Droid

Joe Droid

Reaction score
I don't have Scrabble installed, only see the issue (so far) with the older Words with Friends. And it's back after a day of no problems.