[Solved] Can't view GS4 on TV

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I got the connector. Even got a new TV (Vizio) and can't for the life of me get the GS4 to show on TV. What am I missing?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have seen that complaint on a sister forum and the problem often was that the person needed to manually change inputs on the TV. May not be but thought I would mention it.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I did that. On my TV there's a button ("input") which lets you choose the video source (e.g. HDMI 1, HDMI 2, Cable, etc.). I chose each of the HDMI inputs (one of which was plugged in) and none worked. THe phone was powered at the time it was connected. The only thing I can think of is the adaptor (an inexpensive one) "fit" into the GS4 but wasn't designed for it....different pins...I don't know. I just ordered the OEM from Samsung and, if that doesn't work with a brand new TV, something is wrong somewhere.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
It was the cheap plug I got at Amazon. I sent away for and got the Samsung plug. Works great. Vid. and sound.

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
I've tried every version of search term at Samsung for - Galaxy S 4, Tv video adaptor -
Zero results after many attempts - I swear their site is a year behind what's actually available.

Yesterday while there - to send email support -
they don't even list the S4 SCH1545 in the drop down menu for the required support issue.

Update -
MHL 2.0 HDTV Smart Adapter - $40.00

Alternate Dock - $60 Amazon - OPtions at Samsung
[video=youtube;jwr1cnMJHBg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwr1cnMJHBg[/video]

Out of all the reviews - none have mentioned if access to files by remote are done.
I have all access with iPod dock by remote.
I use dedicated dock for the iPhone/iPod - connected to Yamaha Theater.