(Solution) Invalid Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure) / Bricked Bionic

fabdogg

Reaction score
You need to give more info for people to help.

What system were you on .886, .893, .901 or a ROM?
What were you trying to do? Were you trying to get on the upgrade path, Did you upgrade to .901 then downgrade for root?
What system were you on when you were flashing with RSD lite?

Don't give up! Over the past week, almost every conceivable error msg in fastboot hell has been answered in this forum and a few others.
I was in fastboot hell yesterday because I wanted root. Gave up on root for now, but phone is working on 5.5.893!

I used rsd lite and the fxz file for 5.5.893 on the xda forums.

My advice to you is; unless you know how to charge your battery without an external charger, to turn off phone and pull battery so you don't drain it. Read up on the forums, there's a wealth of information here droidforum.net and others such as: rootwiki, mydroidworld, and xda developers. Only use battery and phone when your ready to try a fix. If it doesn't work, turn off and pull battery until your ready to try again.
Thanks for your resposne and so quick. i was trying to downgrade from 901 to gain root back since i had used p3droids upgrade path but lost root. the funny part is that it happend to 2 bionics that i have but i do have a slide on charger. my phones wont even allow me into boot menu by holding both volume buttons plus power its just fast boot error. im not going to give up because with all the brilliant people in this forum im sure my bionics will be saved. thanks again.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
Thanks for your resposne and so quick. i was trying to downgrade from 901 to gain root back since i had used p3droids upgrade path but lost root. the funny part is that it happend to 2 bionics that i have but i do have a slide on charger. my phones wont even allow me into boot menu by holding both volume buttons plus power its just fast boot error. im not going to give up because with all the brilliant people in this forum im sure my bionics will be saved. thanks again.

This solution worked for me:

[Fastboot Files] 5.5.893 FXZ Leaked - RootzWiki

What I did was download the new rsd lite 5.6, downloaded the .593 fastboot xml files and went to motorola site for the newest drivers possible.

I made copies of the xml downloads and all the fixes I've downloaded yesterday.

I let rsd lite unzip the zip/rar file and then I used it to flash, and it failed.

So I did some more reading searched all the forums I could find, and then took the cdt.bin file from .901 and placed it in the zip/rar file and it auto updated the zip.

Then I repeated using rsdlite to unzip the .893 fastboot rar and flashed the xml file and it worked!!!

I'm sure there's an easier way; realbbb and timmy, cellzealot and p3 had all kinds of threads helping people, but this worked for me.

And I managed to get root back and realbbb solution stuck with .901 rooted... this has been a learning experience for a lot of us!

Thanks to the Dev, Modders, tech's whoever you are for the help you've provided this holiday season!dancedroid:hail:

Last edited:

fabdogg

Reaction score
This solution worked for me:

[Fastboot Files] 5.5.893 FXZ Leaked - RootzWiki

What I did was download the new rsd lite 5.6, downloaded the .593 fastboot xml files and went to motorola site for the newest drivers possible.

I made copies of the xml downloads and all the fixes I've downloaded yesterday.

I let rsd lite unzip the zip/rar file and then I used it to flash, and it failed.

So I did some more reading searched all the forums I could find, and then took the cdt.bin file from .901 and placed it in the zip/rar file and it auto updated the zip.

Then I repeated using rsdlite to unzip the .893 fastboot rar and flashed the xml file and it worked!!!

I'm sure there's an easier way; realbbb and timmy, cellzealot and p3 had all kinds of threads helping people, but this worked for me.

And I managed to get root back and realbbb solution stuck with .901 rooted... this has been a learning experience for a lot of us!

Thanks to the Dev, Modders, tech's whoever you are for the help you've provided this holiday season!dancedroid:hail:
thank you again i tried and still a no go. I just have to be patient..

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

this will get you off the fastboot screen, make sure your battery isnt low first,
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-help-fastboot-invalid-cdt-3.html#post1939850

fabdogg

Reaction score
DunDun I just have to personally thank you for your much needed assistance because even tho you did not have to you took out of your time to help me a complete stranger so for i thank you so much, because you dont see to many good people such as yourself. Both of my phones are up and running again within a matter of seconds thank you sooo much..

fabdogg

Reaction score
bweN diorD you are a life saver and its wonderful to see so many great people in this android community here on DROIDFORUMS. Thank you again for without you id still be scratching my head in frustration... Thanks a million!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
bweN diorD you are a life saver and its wonderful to see so many great people in this android community here on DROIDFORUMS. Thank you again for without you id still be scratching my head in frustration... Thanks a million!

yvw :) happy to help

click the thanks button for MBK, the guy in the post i gave you, he made the script :)

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
DunDun I just have to personally thank you for your much needed assistance because even tho you did not have to you took out of your time to help me a complete stranger so for i thank you so much, because you dont see to many good people such as yourself. Both of my phones are up and running again within a matter of seconds thank you sooo much..

Like "bweN diorD" said; we're just passing along what we gleaned from the real heroes of last week, the guys that wrote these scripts and put together the instructions on how to get up and running and still took tmore time out of their holiday time to help us noobs out! That's a boat load of dedication and compassion!

I'm not to familiar with Thank buttons, but I need to hit them in a lot of threads in a bunch of forums too! :)

braddj85

Reaction score
I need help badly!!! Ive tried everything and cannot get my bionic to boot.

Please help me lol.

Brief description of problem:
I rooted phone, successfully running eclipse rom. Downloaded new rom. Was in in recovery and wiping data. Acidentily whipped weptop (which I think caused the problem)

Tried this fix and my phone just gets stuck on the Motorola dual core boot screen.

Any help is much appreciated.

themistah

Reaction score
Read original post it helped me...I did the same thing you did.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

MayneMan

Reaction score
After more than 24 hours without my Bionic...(the pain and suffering) I'm BACK IN ACTION...Just writing to confirm this method works......:icon_ banana: