SOLUTION: Can't Send SMS Text Messages

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by INTREPID-NY, May 16, 2010.

1. INTREPID-NY

INTREPID-NY New Member

If you are unable to SEND an SMS Text Message and they get stuck in Unsent Messages:

Messages, Menu, Settings, Call Back Number. Your Call back number can NOT contain dashes or any other symbols. If you put in, for example 212-555-1212 it will break outgoing SMS Text Messaging. Remove the dashes to fix!

If that doesn't work, you can also just reset the SMS Settings: Open Messages app, click on Menu, select Settings, click on Menu again, and finally select "Restore Default Settings" This will restore the default SMS / MMS settings only.
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. bad to the chrome

bad to the chrome New Member

can anybody tell me if i can attach a video to a text message on my HTC droid
  3. R24D24

R24D24 New Member

Yes, yes you can! You can go to sms and hit the menu button and attach a current video or shoot one to attach. Or, you can go to videos and use the menu to send it in an sms.
  4. Reusable

Reusable New Member

Outgoing Text Solution for Droid Incredible

Wow...someone who knows what they're doing. I spent at least and hour on the phone last night with a Tier II Technician. My Incredible stopped sending text. The Tier I Tech had me remove the battery. The Tier II Tech had me reboot the phone twice and has set up an appointment for a call back tonight to walk me through a hard reset. I always get a little concerned when people start fishing for answers when they don't really have a viable solution.

This solution works folks. It took me 10 seconds to remove the dashes. I went to the undeliverable folder and selected resend messages. Everything disappeared.

Thank you for the solution.
  5. xBirdManHDx

xBirdManHDx New Member

watch this it may help,
Search tags for this page
android can't send sms
android wont send texts

can't send text messages on android

can't send text messages verizon

cant send sms android

cant send text messages android
cant send text messages on droid