Solid green notification light

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by triplejnj, Jul 31, 2010.

1. triplejnj

triplejnj New Member

So I installed the clean untouched Froyo build. Now all of a sudden, my notification LED no longer blinks-- it is just a solid green light. Not just for my Handcent, but email and FB as well. Anyone else have this issue and were you able to fix it?
  2. CJLee89

CJLee89 New Member

It's a change in 2.2. I think its because the light blinked so slow you could miss a notification if you looked at it at the wrong time (Happened to me a few times). Now since it is solid, you cannot miss notifications by looking at it between blinks. The only thing that blinks solid for me is SMS/MMS; Gmail blinks. (Running BB. v0.4)

On a side note: You can change it to blink, if you really wanted to, in Handcent settings.
  3. triplejnj

triplejnj New Member

Thanks, but unfortunately that is not it. I have gone through the Handcent settings multiple times to make it blink and no matter what it stays solid. It is solid for all notifications, including Gmail.
  4. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

This has happened to me before, all I did was reinstall the rom that I was using and it fixed it. I have no idea what causes this problem though.
  5. dparm

dparm New Member

Mine blinks. I went from BB 0.4 to the FRG01B build and it's fine. Even after doing a wipe and installing it I get blinking.
  6. triplejnj

triplejnj New Member

Thanks for the replies. I tried reinstalling the ROM and that didnt fix it. Unfortunately to fix it I think my next step will be to wipe 3x and then re-flash.
  7. skaman9876

skaman9876 New Member

That's crazy. I had no idea that was the norm now. I guess when I installed the new Handcent update it changed the blink setting to default... This was driving me crazy because i thought something was wrong and it really bothered me. Changing my blink flash frequency from default to normal solved the issue for me. I was going crazy trying to figure it out i thought it was LED Hacks that caused another issue. I was just about to post if anyone had any idea why it was happening... Search function saved me from being flamed :)
  8. triplejnj

triplejnj New Member

I ended up having to wipe and re-flash the ROM TWICE to get it to work. After the first wipe and flash it was still the same, solid notification light. I then decided to use SPRecovery to load a backup I had of BB 0.4 before I installed the Froyo untouched to make sure it is the ROM and not a hardward issue. The light blinked fine after that. I then wiped again and re-flashed the Froyo untouched and now all is well. A bit of hassle to get rid of the one little quirk, but oh well...
Search tags for this page
android solid green light

droid 4 solid green light

droid razr solid green light

droid x green light stays on

droid x solid green light

droid x2 solid green light

droid x2 won't start just a green light
green light on my droid stays on
motorola droid solid green light
solid green light on droid
solid green light on samsung galaxy nexus