Did anyone else just get this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Forum Runner

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, I have actually received two of them in the last week... that is in addition to the one I received right after ICS. The one I got yesterday I was hoping was for the .215 update.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I got those when the OTA first rolled out. It's just info for the less savvy individuals.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Actually it is info on an update that goes out to all individuals, savvy or not. The fact that it is typically due to an upcoming update, the typical person's initial reaction is to think that it is to announce such an update... only to quickly discovery that, no it is not, just the same one we all already got.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Oh I didn't mean only less tech savvy people get it. I meant they send it so people who had no idea the update was coming until they got it can get some more info about it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Aha, that makes sense! Yes, I agree. I think we all knew just about everything there was to know about ICS long before the upgrade, but if you weren't following the ICS news, those notices would probably be useful. It would be nice if the recent ones were because they were getting ready to do us the ICS update.

OP
J

JazzyDroid4

Reaction score
I already have the ICS update. The link it sent me to suggested that another update. I did screen shots this time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Forum Runner

Squeak87

Reaction score
I received a notification a few days ago, already have ICS and I am on .215 so I doubt there's much for me to worry about.

<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius}-->

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I believe those notices are representative of Verizons management of the masses. I was a classic example once upon a time, before this Forum and my interest in my "smart device".
I know this will sound implausible but there was a day even I :blink: would call Verizon customer service seeking resolution of an issue only to have the CSR say, "Oh look you have an update" there that fixed everything, Bye.
Can one even imagine NOT knowing an update was there for the taking like a ripe peach just waiting to be picked and enjoyed.
Ahh, those were the days....... Huh Jellybean!!!! Where!!?!!:icon_eek:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I remember those days very fondly, how young and innocent we were.