Software Update ?

Rangerhgm

Reaction score
I just got a notification that I had a software update. When I clicked on it a screen came up talking about ICS and the choices at the bottom were OK and More Info. Since I already have ICS loaded I selected More Info, then I noticed my wi-fi was off so I backed up to turn it on. After that the notification was gone.

How do I get the update back so I can apply it?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I would not worry about that looks like they are delayed notifications for people that are already on ICS. They have not released a new OTA version over the .211.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Actually that's the new Google push for poogle protection. Its the most recent update for.... lmao.. just kidding :) it was as Sydman said :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
94lt1 said:
Actually that's the new Google push for poogle protection. Its the most recent update for.... lmao.. just kidding :) it was as Sydman said :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

dollarbang

Reaction score
I just got a notification that I had a software update. When I clicked on it a screen came up talking about ICS and the choices at the bottom were OK and More Info. Since I already have ICS loaded I selected More Info, then I noticed my wi-fi was off so I backed up to turn it on. After that the notification was gone.

How do I get the update back so I can apply it?

Try this:

1) System Settings
2) About phone
3) System updates

The phone should check to see if it is up-to-date or inform you of an update.....

usmc111111

Reaction score
It wasn't actually an update, it tells you what's new in ics , it comes through a while after you upgrade, in my case 2 weeks later

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What they said^^^ its just a "features you should learn or check out" type of thing.

OP
R

Rangerhgm

Reaction score
Try this:

1) System Settings
2) About phone
3) System updates

The phone should check to see if it is up-to-date or inform you of an update.....

I already knew to look there and it said my phone was up to date......I just didn't understand why I got a notification when there was no update needed.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I already knew to look there and it said my phone was up to date......I just didn't understand why I got a notification when there was no update needed.

Because Verizon is not the brightest Crayon in the box.