Software Update To Fix Signal / Data Issues

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Anyone yet to receive these updates to fix the data/signal issues? Just wondering when we can expect it. Yes I know vzw is slow to push these updates as we all know they stink at it to say the least. Im not talking about rooting, again i saw this software was to be released on the 15th and i have nothing yet to update. are these updates rolled out to specific phones are ALL NEXUS'S?? Thanks all !

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I don't think anyone knows a very specific time estimate. If signal issues are a huge problem then I would just install the leaked FF02/FG02 radios. I know you mentioned that you weren't talking about rooting, but I think being able to flash the new radios early would be enough reason in itself to root your phone.

Universal

Reaction score
No update has been released yet.

Why the opposition to rooting? It's a very simple process with this phone and there is essentially no risk of damaging the phone. Jelly Bean is the best OS out there, IMO, and the new radio has fixed the signal/data issues. Why wait on Verizon?

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4

Why the opposition to rooting? It's a very simple process with this phone and there is essentially no risk of damaging the phone. Jelly Bean is the best OS out there, IMO, and the new radio has fixed the signal/data issues. Why wait on Verizon?

Had a Thunderbolt and rooted it, AND had some issues because of it and eventually bricked the phone. I just have no luck with out messing stuff up. Not to comfortable with doing it, and like having a warranty in case shtuff brakes ya know. If it doesnt come with in the month or so then id consider it, but other wise no interest to me ! THANKS

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Not that it makes much of a difference, but you don't need to root to install the leaked radios. You need to unlock, then you can flash the radios. No root or custom recovery necessary, just need to setup fastboot and type 3 fastboot commands (one to unlock, one for cdma radio, and one for LTE radio).

Back on topic, no I haven't heard anything about a timetable for this update.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
You are going to have to wait forever for the K update once that is available as well. I'd rethink rooting and flashing.. I am an over the phone salesperson who works in a non tech field and I read up and got it done. Really, if I can do it, anyone can!

Reaction score
Anyone yet to receive these updates to fix the data/signal issues? Just wondering when we can expect it. Yes I know vzw is slow to push these updates as we all know they stink at it to say the least. Im not talking about rooting, again i saw this software was to be released on the 15th and i have nothing yet to update. are these updates rolled out to specific phones are ALL NEXUS'S?? Thanks all !

the articles on this update clearly state that it's only for a select few warranty replacement phones.

dfxmadness

Reaction score
I am thinking that I have received it as I was having problems with my phone not connecting too 4g, getting spotty 3g, white 3g, 1x and no connection since I bought my phone. Called vz and all seems fixed now. Been on 4g since then, except when going down the interstate too a 3g area.
She is still going to sends me a phone just in case because she seen on her end what my phone was doing connection wise.
By the way I was very nice and calm.