1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Software for my laptop

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by angelav, Feb 11, 2010.

1. angelav

angelav New Member

I'm just not familiar with the verbage to research this myself so I'll explain what I am looking for.

Is there software available that allows me to back up my Droid on my laptop(like contacts, etc)? I have a USB cord that allows me to charge it but the disc that came with it does not work on my laptop CD player (it's one of the smaller discs as opposed to regular sized CD) When I allow it to search the internet for the software I need, it comes back that it does not find any.

Thanks.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Google automatically backs up your contacts on line so there is no need for that. Your paid apps are also backed up. The only thing you may want to do is use something like astro to back up your apps so you don't have to search again for them should something go wrong. Your paid apps will be in the market under downloads.
  3. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Things like contacts and paid apps are stored through your google account, thus always available at google. Then you could just copy everything on your sdcard into a folder on your desktop do as a backup of all the files
  4. angelav

angelav New Member

Excellent! Thank you.