Software/Firmware update

sk8

Reaction score
I'm on 605.6 where's the update to get to 605.9 I want to flash a Rom but see they're using 605.9 as a base.
Sorry if I missed something.

sent from a sweet paper weight.

OP
S

sk8

Reaction score
Do I flash this like any other zip? Reboot to recovery install zip from SD card? Any wipes necessary?
I'm coming from a Droid x so HTC is unfamiliar territory.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Rename it PG05IMG.zip, drop it on the sdcard, reboot and hold down volume down.. that will reboot you into recovery and you can flash like normal from there

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Do I flash this like any other zip? Reboot to recovery install zip from SD card? Any wipes necessary?

have you used the HTC recovery at all? are you rooted now and using a custom recovery?

sportadic22

Reaction score
do i NEED to do this? im on .6 as well....

any reason why i should stay on .6.. or should i move to .9 im just running the stock rom that came in the 3 step root method with adrynalyne kernel

OP
S

sk8

Reaction score

have you used the HTC recovery at all? are you rooted now and using a custom recovery?

I rooted, rebooted to cwm via Rom manager. Created a back up of stock Rom. Here I am now.

OP
S

sk8

Reaction score
Before placing the p501img.zip on my SD card do I need to rename the original to .bak or replace it totally with the .9 zip?

OP
S

sk8

Reaction score
I did the volume down and power, I take it this is the HTC recovery, it went right to loading the PG501IMG.zip I didn't go through the update as I just wanted to see where the button combo would take me.
I've read a bunch of stuff be yet to grasp the differences with the HTC and the dx.
Are all the steps the same between this and the dx? With differences being able to flash new kernels. Thanks for any input.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I did the volume down and power, I take it this is the HTC recovery, it went right to loading the PG501IMG.zip I didn't go through the update as I just wanted to see where the button combo would take me.
I've read a bunch of stuff be yet to grasp the differences with the HTC and the dx.
Are all the steps the same between this and the dx? With differences being able to flash new kernels. Thanks for any input.

i haven't really done anything with other than flash to the .9 firmware i am waiting on my new thunderbolt (i bought one from someone so i can save my upgrade for later) to arrive before getting more in depth into rooting/roms etc.. I think once you root and install clockwork recovery then it is very similar to what you are used to on the DX

OP
S

sk8

Reaction score
Did you rename the stock pg.zip for later or did you overwrite the original.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Did you rename the stock pg.zip for later or did you overwrite the original.

i renamed the file that i gave you the link to put on my SD card and rebooted into recovery and flashed the .9 firmware. I am not sure what you mean by overwriting the original... I didn't have a file for the .6 that came stock on the phone from verizon. and i didn't have clockwork installed to make any backups