Software buttons / gaming

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
At the 9:50 mark of this vid the guy fires up a game and the software buttons stay on. Not a deal breaker at all but I do wish games were full screen.

[video=youtube;paDABBppckk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paDABBppckk&t=9m53s[/video]

spunker88

Reaction score
It's no different than having a phone with permanent capacitive buttons. You need the buttons to bring up menus, go back, exit, etc.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have to remember, everything's been developed with past versions of Android in mind. Once ICS becomes the norm, developers will make the needed changes to utilize the benefits of vanishing buttons.

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Have to remember, everything's been developed with past versions of Android in mind. Once ICS becomes the norm, developers will make the needed changes to utilize the benefits of vanishing buttons.

Good point! Well the rest of the vid has been fun to watch!

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Everything is so snappy, I still can't get over how much of an upgrade this is going to be coming from an OG Droid.

It's going to be huuuuuge.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah.

I went and played with the SGSII last night and it was pretty amazing, so I'm sure I'll be even more impressed with the Nexus.

Having the larger screen makes texting so much better as well, that was one thing I noticed on my OG afterwards, was how cramped I've been on that screen as apposed to the SGSII's screen.

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm still just blown away by how fast and nice the camera is. Cant wait to try it!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since I know a lot of us have had the OG for 2 years coming up on November 8th, I was just comparing the specs, for those of us upgrading from the OG to the Nexus:

Original Droid:

• 3.7-inch WVGA (854x480), 16:9 touchscreen
  • Arm Cortex A8 550 MHz Processor
  • 5-megapixel camera with dual-LED flash
  • DVD-quality video capture and playback (720x480)
  • 16GB microSD (32GB expandable)
  • 3.5mm headphone jack
  • QWERTY keyboard
  • 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS (with Google Maps Navigator)
  • 1400 mAh battery
  • 6 oz (169g)
  • 2.4 x 4.6 x.5 inches (60x115.80x13.70mm)
  • Android 2.0
Galaxy Nexus:

• Network: HSPA+ 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps 850/900/1900/1700/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
    Specifications above may differ on the LTE version.
  • Processor: 1.2 GHz Dual-core Processor (OMAP 4460)
  • Display: 4.65-inch 1280x720 HD Super AMOLED
  • Main (Rear) Camera: 5MP AF with LED Flash with zero shutter lag and fast shot2shot
  • Sub (Front) Camera: 1.3MP for Video Call
  • Sensor: Accelerometer, Compass, Gyro, Light, Proximity, Barometer
  • Memory: 1GB RAM + 16/32GB Internal memory
  • Size: 135.5 x 67.94 x 8.94 135g
  • Battery: Standard battery, Li-on 1750 mAh.

We sure have come a long way and while bittersweet letting go of the OG, I think we're all going to be blown away.

Nick D

Reaction score
They are some really sweet specs. I can't wait to upgrade. Honestly, my OG will still get used, by my kids.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
There is an app out for Honeycomb right now that gets rid of the status bar to let you have true full screen. I'm sure they'll change the app or someone will come out with a new one for ICS on phones to also get rid of it.

They do it with an invisible box in the middle of the status bar, bout a finger and a half wide (on tablets), when you click it the bar goes away, but the invisible button is still there in case you want to bring back the status bar. Could be a problem with gaming on a phone if that button is over top one of the in-game buttons after you get rid of the bar.