Soft Keys MISSING! PLEASE HELP ME

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus ROMS' started by nleksan, Apr 4, 2012.

1. nleksan

nleksan New Member

Okay, so I have been using GummyJar for about two days now, and haven't really gotten into the "advanced" stuff yet except to lower the voltages to the values given in the thread a few below this in this forum. I absolutely love the mod and have had no issues, until now.

I let my phone completely "die" (battery down to 0%, auto shut off, charged to 100% while off), then I booted into CWMR and "Reset Battery Stats". As soon as the phone booted up, my soft keys (home/back/apps) were gone!! I have no idea how to get them back, and just to open one menu or one app, I have to REBOOT the phone just to get out! I really need some help here... I am on version 0.9.0 with the proper GAPPS installed.

Has anyone had this issue? Is there a way to fix it without going through the entire rooting process again? I would greatly appreciate any help, I am about to throw this phone through the wall!

Thank you so much!
  2. thebird36

thebird36 New Member

click and hold the power button and turn them on try that
  3. nleksan

nleksan New Member

From the Power Button Menu? I did, it didn't seem to do anything at all... I will try again and do a few reboots and see if they come back...
  4. nleksan

nleksan New Member

Okay, so I tried "clear cache", "clear data", etc... (Didn't clear "Dalvik Cache" because I still don't entirely understand it... Linux = not my forte)

14 (FOURTEEN) Reboots later...

My softkeys just appeared back. Poof, gone...Poof, back. WTF was that all about? My girlfriend is not so happy with me because I just spent the last 90 minutes running around in a panic, starting right when she got here, lucky me :/

I DID get some error from CWM on ONE reboot, but that was it... Plus, it was through "ROM Manager" (which I opened to go to see if there were any settings I could change and hopefully get my keys back), so I don't know how reliable that is, and rather than just sending it off to whomever (i.e. Windows), it wanted me to Text, Email, Picasa, Smoke Signal it to someone and I have no Idea who that would be.

Anyway, sorry for the super-anxious post, although if anyone has any idea what might have gone wrong, perhaps it would be helpful to users in the future??

THANK YOU for your help :)
  5. thebird36

thebird36 New Member

yeah I don't know why it wouldn't show I've never had that problem
Search tags for this page

android 4.0.4 home, back, recent disappeared

android home button missing

android missing home button

android rom missing soft key

galaxy nexus home button disappear

galaxy s3 soft keys not working

home button disappeared galaxy nexus