Soft Key out

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Kcshuffle, May 18, 2010.

1. Kcshuffle

Kcshuffle New Member

I got a rooted droid and have had a rooted droid for a while and all of a sudden yesterday my search soft key went out. It still lights up but when i touch it nothing happens. Along with that the virtual keyboard i cannot hit the L key or delete key. It seems like a slim portion of my touch screen doesnt respond to touch at all. I dont know if its mechanical or the rooted phone did something. Please help.
  2. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

A reboot followed by a battery pull would be the first things I'd try.

Free Hand Touch Lite - try that market app and see if you can scribble all over your phone's screen to test its responsiveness. An alternative keyboard is an option too.

You can also do a nandroid backup, then restore a previous backup and see if that makes a difference.

Finally, do something like the 3rd link in my signature to go back to stock to see if that changes the responsiveness of the screen and/or to see if the keyboard gets better. That should let you know if it is hardware or software. If hardware you'll want to be stock before returning anyways.

-- As this is a rooted phone with a rooted type answer...I'm moving the thread to the hacking section for RS questions.
Search tags for this page

motorola atrix 2 touch key lights

s4 alternate soft key