Soft Brick? Need Help!!! D:

Zivia

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First I'd like to apologize if this is the wrong area to post this thread but I couldn't think of a better place. I am a new to all of this so please bear with me. About a week ago I installed a custom ROM on my Razr and didn't have any problems, everything was working great. Before I installed this ROM I created a backup of the stock ROM that came with the phone incase I needed to return to it for whatever reason at a later date. Today I decided that the ROM I had been using for the past week wasn't right for me so I tried to restore to the stock ROM with safestrap. I think I may have made a mistake because aren't you supposed to wipe at least data and dalvik before you restore? I didn't do that and I simple went to restore and chose the stock ROM backup. When the phone rebooted it showed the red moto icon and then went to a black screen. It has been this way for the past hour and isn't doing anything. I thought it was doing something at first but the display is off so I think it is not booting. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Please respond and sorry if some things are unclear as I am quite new to this.

Thanks

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First I'd like to apologize if this is the wrong area to post this thread but I couldn't think of a better place. I am a new to all of this so please bear with me. About a week ago I installed a custom ROM on my Razr and didn't have any problems, everything was working great. Before I installed this ROM I created a backup of the stock ROM that came with the phone incase I needed to return to it for whatever reason at a later date. Today I decided that the ROM I had been using for the past week wasn't right for me so I tried to restore to the stock ROM with safestrap. I think I may have made a mistake because aren't you supposed to wipe at least data and dalvik before you restore? I didn't do that and I simple went to restore and chose the stock ROM backup. When the phone rebooted it showed the red moto icon and then went to a black screen. It has been this way for the past hour and isn't doing anything. I thought it was doing something at first but the display is off so I think it is not booting. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Please respond and sorry if some things are unclear as I am quite new to this.

Thanks
Download my utility 1.40 full and then overwrite a few files included in the 1.41 patch. Run option one when your phone is on AP Fastboot mode.
If you need further help than that then download Team Viewer (its free. TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet) after you download my utility 1.4 and 1.41 and I can get it running for you if you PM the pre-made randomized user ID and PW from Team Viewer

OP
Z

Zivia

Reaction score
Download my utility 1.40 full and then overwrite a few files included in the 1.41 patch. Run option one when your phone is on AP Fastboot mode.
If you need further help than that then download Team Viewer (its free. TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet) after you download my utility 1.4 and 1.41 and I can get it running for you if you PM the pre-made randomized user ID and PW from Team Viewer

Ok two things. The first one is I went into a dark area in my house and the phone is actually on. The screen is black but is lit. So it turns on but gets stuck after the moto icon, and I can't turn it off. It is just stuck there. Also this might sound like a dumb question but where do I find the utility 1.4? I looked around and cannot find it. Sorry again for the noob questions and thanks for the help.

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok two things. The first one is I went into a dark area in my house and the phone is actually on. The screen is black but is lit. So it turns on but gets stuck after the moto icon, and I can't turn it off. It is just stuck there. Also this might sound like a dumb question but where do I find the utility 1.4? I looked around and cannot find it. Sorry again for the noob questions and thanks for the help.
It is pinned at the top of this forum section.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html

E
DIT: You have no system to boot into which is why it is black after the MOTO dual core logo. We need to put the system back on there

OP
Z

Zivia

Reaction score
It is pinned at the top of this forum section.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html

E
DIT: You have no system to boot into which is why it is black after the MOTO dual core logo. We need to put the system back on there

Ok so I updated my Moto drivers and downloaded the full 1.4 utility and the 1.41 patch. What are the files that I need to overwrite (you said I needed to earlier) and how do I do that? Then from there what do I do? Thanks again for all the help.