Soft boot without warning

frankkirchner12

Reaction score
After Verizon pushed gingerbread. I get sporadic softboots. It only happens when playing music. I can't take it and bring the dam mp3 player with me and the phone too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Deron

Reaction score
My GF's Droid X reboots a lot when she uses the Google Music app cloud player. It doesn't do it when she uses the stock music player that came with Gingerbread. So now I will just sideload all her music over to her Micro SD card instead :-(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RobbyJ859

Reaction score
Same Issue - Random Reboots

Hey all,
I am having the same issues with my Droid X. Random reboots when using the stock music player; I have also experienced these reboots when playing a game or even during a phone call. I am currently using version 2.3.3. I updated to Gingerbread in July and experienced this issue for sometime, did numerous hard resets, and finally received a "Refurb" Droid X from Verizon which was already installed with the Gingerbread software. Yet, I am still having the reboot problem. I thought it could be the Beautiful Widgets app (installed on both phones - original and replacement) but after uninstalling the problem still persists. I also have issues with unlocking phone. After sliding the "lock" across the screen my phone will freeze for up to 30 seconds. Could these two issues be related?

Found this article supporting "reboot issue" and Verizon's knowledge of it. Consequently, it was published over a year ago and Verizon has released no update to fix it.

http://phandroid.com/2010/10/14/motorola-outs-list-of-droid-xs-issues-after-upgrade-to-android-2-2/

Any help would be awesome!

Last edited:

RobbyJ859

Reaction score
Just did some browsing around Verizon's website before calling and complaining... again. A user suggested clearing the cache on the phone, has anyone tried this and found reliable success with it?
To clear cache:
1. Power down phone.
2. Turn phone on while holding home button.
3. When Android and exclamation point appears press BOTH volume keys.
4. Scroll to "clear cache" using volume keys.
5. Select with power button.
6. Wait for fun to clear cache and reboot.

I just tried this, so I will give it a couple of days and see what happens.

OP
F

frankkirchner12

Reaction score
I was just glad I wasn't the only one having trouble. I didn't find any links like that one when I searched around. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Padevilman

Reaction score
Tried clearing cache and I still have the same trouble :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jkliving92

Reaction score
I had this issue with my Droid x and had to get a new phone. I was told by Verizon it was an issue with the stock keyboard.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

nerdalert

Reaction score
i just tried clearing the cache because I am having all of the same problems. I hate to have to call Verizon because you need to have an hour to spare at least. Thanks for the info!