"Soak Testers" Any update?

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I talked with another friend/Bionic owner this morning. He had just got off the phone with Verizon tech support. The tech told him the expected ota is likely delayed. Have any of you close to this heard anything? Have read a couple of posts indicating that the 894 "leak" is having network drops, wonder if this is all related. Anyway, just curious. Notice that Matt on Motorola Support Forum has been suspiciously MIA. Just say'n.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tonik

Reaction score
I would bet the delay vz spoke of is the delay from the original November first date. Matt is absent because he had nothing to add and can't help us and we are getting pissed.

Sent from my somewhere

rduckwor

Reaction score
Seems Moto forum is pretty useless, just a bunch of *****ers and complainers counterbalanced by the typical Moto apologists. No real info ever seems to flow from that forum.

5.8.894 is available over at XDA IF and only IF you are totally stock. I flashed it yesterday and haven't really had much opportunity to whack it about yet. I can tell you that the camera is much faster, but that's about all so far.

RMD

OP
bluezdawg

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Ditto on Moto Forum rduck, I've pretty much given up on them, expected much different, but I have a feeling this is the "New Motorola"... Keep us posted on .894 may be the only option for some time... I'm still stock, not much to lose :biggrin:

Last edited:

Tonik

Reaction score

On November first, Matt a Moto forum manager made an official announcement in the forum that it would be 30 to 60 days. So that makes it anytime from Dec 1 to the end of Dec. That is the only official info I have seen.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
On November first, Matt a Moto forum manager made an official announcement in the forum that it would be 30 to 60 days. So that makes it anytime from Dec 1 to the end of Dec. That is the only official info I have seen.

^^ What he said.

twj498

Reaction score
I installed the 894 update Sunday and have experienced much improved battery life with my extended battery (14 hrs + with moderate wifi use) Prior to the update I was plugging my phone after 8 hrs. Cell standby and phone idle were near the bottom of the list for battery stats. Was able to receive 4g as well. Went a period of three weeks or so where I couldn't pull in a 4g signal. The phone appears to be a bit snappier. I am forever rooted (returned to stock prior to this update) and hadn't pulled any of leaked updates prior to 894. Bone stock rooted. Still have root at this point. I traveled from Illinois to Washington State 8 days ago and couldn't pull a 4 g signal the whole trip. I'm encouraged at this point. I should add I pulled this update via cheesecake and I had to change servers a few times to find and pull it in. I have to say I am disappointed in a major corporation releasing a product to the masses in the state it is. I think we are all starting to realize this is going to be the norm. They will rectify the issues with ota updates. I want this phone without all of the crap on it. Sorry if I'm rambling but we spend our hard earned money on a product that isn't what it was touted to be. Can only hope this bootloader is unlocked in the future. Sittin at 5.8.894 -
DBN55 TO DBN62 MR2

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

mlapaglia

Reaction score
Thanks for the update twj, looks like they are fixing the problems at least :)

OP
bluezdawg

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Ditto, thx for the update TWJ! Looking to me like .894 might be worth a try. May give it a shot this weekend.

As predictable, got my standard content-free response from Matt on Motorola Support Forum (that would be the 30-60 day thing), then he locked the thread, which was also predictable. Can't blame the guy for that I guess, he is a forum manager not a developer. Guess the 30-60 answer gets them thru the holidays and delays announcing any further slips till after the the buying season which would be tough on RAZR sales.

Was exchanging emails with a person from Engadget, they are pretty familiar with what is going on with the Bionic & RAZR and the Verizon LTE network. Might be worth keeping your eyes on their news feed.

Shadez, you ought to send the Motorola guys a bill just for putting up with all of the rants on this Forum, which currently are well deserved. Besides, I suspect they probably learn more from the folks on this forum :music: I will be REALLY SURPRISED if we wee this before the end of the year... if we do, you can say I told you so :biggrin:

ModestMuse

Reaction score
If it takes this long to push an update to fix the initial bugs, does that mean the Bionic won't get Android 4.0 for at least a year?

cbrmike

Reaction score
If it gets to the point that I can not deal with the issues with the Bionic then I will be selling it and not supporting Moto with any products, the bad thing is I know alot of people and encouraged about 6 or 7 to buy the Bionic because once the update comes out it would be good to go...... Now we do not even know if an actual update is in the works, leaked this and leaked that is bs. Moto really dropped the ball on this and will most likely lose some credibility for it.

Reaction score
Verizon tech manger. He dug deep and had to call me back that how I got my razor. He said it got delayed till mid December he has the bionic himself and he been waiting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

rduckwor

Reaction score
Ditto, thx for the update TWJ! Looking to me like .894 might be worth a try. May give it a shot this weekend.

As predictable, got my standard content-free response from Matt on Motorola Support Forum (that would be the 30-60 day thing), then he locked the thread, which was also predictable. Can't blame the guy for that I guess, he is a forum manager not a developer. Guess the 30-60 answer gets them thru the holidays and delays announcing any further slips till after the the buying season which would be tough on RAZR sales.

Was exchanging emails with a person from Engadget, they are pretty familiar with what is going on with the Bionic & RAZR and the Verizon LTE network. Might be worth keeping your eyes on their news feed.

Shadez, you ought to send the Motorola guys a bill just for putting up with all of the rants on this Forum, which currently are well deserved. Besides, I suspect they probably learn more from the folks on this forum :music: I will be REALLY SURPRISED if we wee this before the end of the year... if we do, you can say I told you so :biggrin:

Yeah, I saw that thread over there and just shook my head. Why even bother to reply?

RMD