Soak Test

krazyace38

Reaction score
Theoretically if they just pushed a new bootloader with the update then they can lock it no? Heard that somewhere, may be false.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

They can't lock a bootloader if the Bootloader Qfuse is blown they would have to take the phone apart an replace the QFuse

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

KaChow

Reaction score
If you happen to have Root and/or Unlocked Bootloader, don't get too excited about this. If you did take the survey and saw this screen, this should shed some light on the topic.

Screen 1.png

krazyace38

Reaction score
Just got email soak test starting tomorrow morning ota should be hitting your phones (if your on stock and in the soak test) some time early in the morning
Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

jjjc1110

Reaction score
I've got the soak test update package and I'm still rooted and unlocked I could upload the update but don't know which one is best

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Mountain Flier

Reaction score
Dang it! I got caught by surprise and accepted the update in my early morning not-quite-awake haze....and....lost root. I wonder if I can re-root....

KaChow

Reaction score
Dang it! I got caught by surprise and accepted the update in my early morning not-quite-awake haze....and....lost root. I wonder if I can re-root....

Can only re-root with an Unlocked Bootloader.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hodor

Reaction score
I can second what snowman said, I got the OTA, did the same thing he did, all is good.

turbodave

Reaction score
Alright stupid question. What is rooting and why do I need to learn how to do it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.