Soak Test

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
It's an advance testing of new software and firmware sent out to owners who registered with the Motorola Feedback network and were invited to participate. It's supposed to be secret and those who are invited and agree to participate are not to discuss any of it with anyone else, other than in a private forum.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that the latest "invite" is for testing of a relatively minor OTA maintenance update, not anything like a 4.2 update or anything like that.
Sorry for the buzzkill:icon_eek:

natevines

Reaction score
My understanding is that the latest "invite" is for testing of a relatively minor OTA maintenance update, not anything like a 4.2 update or anything like that.
Sorry for the buzzkill:icon_eek:

Yeah, that's pretty much been confirmed.

Anyone know HOW they'll contact you for the soak test anyhow? Email?

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Email

OP
D

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Yeah, I knew it was a "maintenance" update when I originally posted, however, I'm still curious to know when it is coming out and when people begin to receive it. Maintenance updates can sometimes fix issues that have plagued devices for some time...

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Once Motorola announces a soak test, Motorola Feedback Network members are notified by email and asked if they wish to participate. Within a week or so the participants receive the update to download and test. There is a private forum to report how the update is working. If all goes well the OTA update goes out to the phones shortly thereafter.

If you are interested in joining the Feedback Network, go to the Motorola Owners Forum and sign up. Then perhaps you can be a part of a future soak test. Hope this helps. :)

krazyace38

Reaction score
Word on twitter the maintenance update is not rootable and bootloader is not unlockable. Looks like they patched it up good this time.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If its true (and come on its Moto/Verizon) and you are unlocked or rooted. Just stay away from it. Whatever was updated, if its important will be incorporated by the devs. No point of taking the risk.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

krazyace38

Reaction score
If its true (and come on its Moto/Verizon) and you are unlocked or rooted. Just stay away from it. Whatever was updated, if its important will be incorporated by the devs. No point of taking the risk.

If your bootloader is unlocked then you have nothing to worry about it can't be relocked because the Bootloader QFuse is blown in the process and if your rooted then you might be able to keep root by using ota rootkeeper. But like u said it's always best to steer clear of updates till developers check them out.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Theoretically if they just pushed a new bootloader with the update then they can lock it no? Heard that somewhere, may be false.