Soak test

Aiesline

Reaction score
Is starting today folks. They say they are pushing thing out starting about noon eastern time.

neilrl79

Reaction score
I'm curious to see if it is in fact the leaked "OTA" .890 . People have reported receiving brand new phones with .890 already on them.

jmorgania

Reaction score
I thought the soak test started weeks ago. Are you referring to the soak test or the OTA rollout to all? Also where did you get this information from?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

neilrl79

Reaction score
I thought the soak test started weeks ago. Are you referring to the soak test or the OTA rollout to all? Also where did you get this information from?

The information came from an email sent out by the Motorola Feedback Network stating that the soak test would start today.

Reaction score
Anyone know how they release the updates? Like is it by states and serial numbers of the phone or what?

jeffgraper

Reaction score
I'm curious to see if it is in fact the leaked "OTA" .890 . People have reported receiving brand new phones with .890 already on them.
Just got mine last Thursday. Checked version = .890 is already on it.

soakysoaky

Reaction score
Software Update for the DROID 3 by Motorola

Introduction
We are pleased to announce the new software update for DROID 3 by Motorola. The software update (5.6.890.XT862.Verizon.en.US) includes numerous enhancements. Please install for peak performance.

For more information on Motorola updates and product support, visit us at Motorola DROID 3 - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA.

Who Can Use This Release ALL Motorola DROID 3 users. After downloading and installing the software release, you will notice the following enhancements:

Video Calling:
+ Google Video Talk now comes preloaded
Call Features:
+ Improved audio clarity for incoming calls and navigation
+ No longer receive urgent notifications from Visual Voice Mail
Email and Messaging:
+ EAS policies can now limit personal email
+ After setting up “Other” email accounts, user is now taken back to “Adding Accounts” page
+ Yahoo! ® emails show correct time-date stamp
Applications and Widgets:
+ Geo-tagging feature works properly
+ Successfully subscribe to News App bundles
+ Successfully launch GoToMeeting®
+ When selecting to return “Home” in V CAST Video on Demand, the correct video will play
+ Streaming video is now available within the NFL Mobile app
+ Improvements in the stability and connection of the Data widget
+ Improvements in the stability of VZ Navigator®
+ City ID now displays country name when receiving international calls
+ SWYPE® keyboard cursor no longer skips to auto signature
+ Backup Assistant no longer displays “Network Unavailable” error message
Additional Device Features:
+ Improved camera shutter speed and addition of multi-shot capability
+ Correct charging indication displayed while on the Wireless Charging Pad
+ Improved stability reduces camera, browser, and device lockups/ force close
+ Access My Verizon without any force close errors
+ Display screen no longer flickers
+ Airplane Mode works properly while toggling rapidly
+ GPS updates now install properly
+ Improved battery life
+ The Startup animation sound will no longer play when the device is in “Silent Mode”
+ Guided Tours now available for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®
+ When display is locked and rotating camcorder is in use, the display is no longer distorted
+ Improvements in the functionality and stability of the SWYPE® messaging feature
+ Device no longer overheats after prolonged use of camera and camcorder
+ Device no longer force closes while in Landscape Mode and the Apps Tray button is selected

Step-by-Step Instructions
For instructions on how to perform the download, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/droid3

Additional Information There is no charge for this update other than the usual data connection charges. Subject to change without notice.
If you have difficulty with this update, visit us at Motorola DROID 3 - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA or Support Homepage - Motorola USA, or to get help from other owners on our online community at https.//supportforums.motorola.com.

Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Specific functionality and features with each software version of Android may vary. Contact your service provider for details.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. All other trademark and product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2011 Motorola, Inc. All rights reserved.
© 2011 Motorola. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.

Reaction score
Software Update for the DROID 3 by Motorola

Introduction
We are pleased to announce the new software update for DROID 3 by Motorola. The software update (5.6.890.XT862.Verizon.en.US) includes numerous enhancements. Please install for peak performance.

For more information on Motorola updates and product support, visit us at Motorola DROID 3 - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA.

Who Can Use This Release ALL Motorola DROID 3 users. After downloading and installing the software release, you will notice the following enhancements:

Video Calling:
+ Google Video Talk now comes preloaded
Call Features:
+ Improved audio clarity for incoming calls and navigation
+ No longer receive urgent notifications from Visual Voice Mail
Email and Messaging:
+ EAS policies can now limit personal email
+ After setting up “Other” email accounts, user is now taken back to “Adding Accounts” page
+ Yahoo! ® emails show correct time-date stamp
Applications and Widgets:
+ Geo-tagging feature works properly
+ Successfully subscribe to News App bundles
+ Successfully launch GoToMeeting®
+ When selecting to return “Home” in V CAST Video on Demand, the correct video will play
+ Streaming video is now available within the NFL Mobile app
+ Improvements in the stability and connection of the Data widget
+ Improvements in the stability of VZ Navigator®
+ City ID now displays country name when receiving international calls
+ SWYPE® keyboard cursor no longer skips to auto signature
+ Backup Assistant no longer displays “Network Unavailable” error message
Additional Device Features:
+ Improved camera shutter speed and addition of multi-shot capability
+ Correct charging indication displayed while on the Wireless Charging Pad
+ Improved stability reduces camera, browser, and device lockups/ force close
+ Access My Verizon without any force close errors
+ Display screen no longer flickers
+ Airplane Mode works properly while toggling rapidly
+ GPS updates now install properly
+ Improved battery life
+ The Startup animation sound will no longer play when the device is in “Silent Mode”
+ Guided Tours now available for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®
+ When display is locked and rotating camcorder is in use, the display is no longer distorted
+ Improvements in the functionality and stability of the SWYPE® messaging feature
+ Device no longer overheats after prolonged use of camera and camcorder
+ Device no longer force closes while in Landscape Mode and the Apps Tray button is selected

Step-by-Step Instructions
For instructions on how to perform the download, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/droid3

Additional Information There is no charge for this update other than the usual data connection charges. Subject to change without notice.
If you have difficulty with this update, visit us at Motorola DROID 3 - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA or Support Homepage - Motorola USA, or to get help from other owners on our online community at https.//supportforums.motorola.com.

Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Specific functionality and features with each software version of Android may vary. Contact your service provider for details.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. All other trademark and product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2011 Motorola, Inc. All rights reserved.
© 2011 Motorola. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.

How do I apply the update? I visited the link provided and it shows nothing about the update.

soakysoaky

Reaction score
How do I apply the update? I visited the link provided and it shows nothing about the update.

You can't. As is stated earlier in the thread, this is a soak test. It's not available for the general public yet. Won't be long though.

OP
Aiesline

Aiesline

Reaction score
The soak test update IS rootable via the oneclick tools availible.