soak email

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I FXZed and lost root...now I'm stuck without root, probably forever after hearing they increased security in JB. :( This sucks.

Have you tried the razr_blade root method (from motofail to razrs_edge to currently razr_blade....all by djrbliss)? It works on the Razr and D4 for rooting after getting JB 4.1.2.

deduct

Reaction score
I used RAZR blade to root my maxx after getting jb. I will try it on my bionic when I get home and let y'all know if it works.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Never been involved in any soaking to date. Just got notification that a verizon update was available. Turned the phone off and headed back here. Been away for a while. Guessed correctly, looks like it is not coming to regular soak testers only, per se. Looks like a general roll out to me, to have my phone included. Plan on keeping root, so I guess I'll see how things shake out before taking it.

Craig

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Never been involved in any soaking to date. Just got notification that a verizon update was available. Turned the phone off and headed back here. Been away for a while. Guessed correctly, looks like it is not coming to regular soak testers only, per se. Looks like a general roll out to me, to have my phone included. Plan on keeping root, so I guess I'll see how things shake out before taking it.

Craig
Afew non testers always get it by accident for some reason.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Jeff,

having been at this a long time like you, not only have I never been early on anything Moto/Android, I am always at the tail end of any general release. Tin foil on... I am rooted, grandfathered with unlimited and about due to have a contract expire. maybe they want me to get a new phone :blink:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Afew non testers always get it by accident for some reason.
Soak testers are both random users that get the update (with no knowledge of it coming) and those that are on the Motorola forums who are asked to participate by providing feedback on the update (not just the update...but the update process).

jfencl

Reaction score
Tin foil on... I am rooted, grandfathered with unlimited and about due to have a contract expire. maybe they want me to get a new phone :blink:

I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping to get mine updated today as well. I'm still going to switch to the Galaxy S4 in May.