So you need to unroot and put stock image back?

cnmsales

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Following the instructions i posted above will do what your needing.

Paulb787

Reaction score
I have done both methods and came up with the same results s-on , Full stock.. just wonderind what is the misc.img that we flash durring th eroot procedure

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Paul im unsure. Im no expert mate. Probably better off following the link above to the XDA forum and asking the dev.

pcm2a

Reaction score
Does running this get rid of the clockwork recovery as well?

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
PCM this should put you back to just how it was when you bought it.

jimmiem

Reaction score
Is there anywhere to download this directly? I'm having trouble with the torrent.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Sorry I killed the torrent cause no one would seed. The first link in the OP is to the post on XDA with the link to the file.

miked777

Reaction score
Phone will only start in HBOOT

Ok, I followed the instructions here to return to factory, because I had tried to root a couple of times and it kept messing up, and I was seeing some bad side effects.

Everything went through fine, and I setup the phone, etc. Then I turned it off, and it will NOT start up normally. It will only start with the volume down + power startup method into HBOOT. What do I need to do?

I will say I did delete the pg05IMG file from the SD after the phone went back to factory state, in case I have to trade in the phone or something, could that be it?

freedomBolt

Reaction score
So I yesterday I bought my Thunderbolt. However the Vibrator is broken in it so I need to exchange it.

If I do this method would Verizon be able to tell I rooted it and put on a ROM?

cj1896

Reaction score
No they will have no idea. This restores the phone to true stock. Exactly as you bought it. It reimages the phone similar to RSDlite except no need for a 3rd party program (ecluding adb)

biyobe

Reaction score
[ROM]Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.12.605.6_Radio_1.16.00.0223r_N V_8k_1.41_9k_1.64_release - xda-developers

1. place the zip on the root of your sd card
2. rename the zip, PG05IMG
3. Power off The TB
4. Boot into Hboot by pressing Power and Volume down at the same time
5. Follow the instructions givin threw hboot

Torrent: Click Here

Speeds will pick up once we get a few seeds. Please download and seed for as long as possible. Im sure this is going to be needed for a while.

Would this get me back to stock if i only did the RUU update and I'm not rooted? I'm finding some of the apps I used to use on my tBolt are no longer available. Thanks!! Jason