so with all the droid x hacking...

ds333

Reaction score
do you think that the droid 2 will start having some work done on it? are the bootloaders similar so will a lot of the cracking too be similar, or will things be very different because of 2.2 loaded on the droid 2.

just so jealous with all the ruckus going on in the x forums.

Davinci

Reaction score
I'm not sure

I jumped at the chance to get a Droid 2 although I already had a Droid rooted customized on how I wanted it. I was excited about the processor and ram of the Droid 2 vs. the Droid specifically for running futures apps and such. However, this hoping and waiting for the Droid 2 to be rooted stinks. There doesn't seem to be much activity either.

ITguy11

Reaction score
I jumped at the chance to get a Droid 2 although I already had a Droid rooted customized on how I wanted it. I was excited about the processor and ram of the Droid 2 vs. the Droid specifically for running futures apps and such. However, this hoping and waiting for the Droid 2 to be rooted stinks. There doesn't seem to be much activity either.

I am in the same boat. Having a non rooted phone is not cool...

OP
D

ds333

Reaction score
for me its like not missing what you never had, but as i read more about the capabilities of an android phone (coming from windows mobile) i am very excited to unlock the potential of my phone. the wait will be well worth it for me.

bobby_v

Reaction score
Patience. The phone has only been out a week right?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^lol, I agree with the above post. Yea some phone have been rooted before they were officially released. But just give it time. Someone with the knowledge of rooting will have to get the phone, or some brave soul that has the Droid 2 will have to experiment.

If its similar to the X, the same technique might work....