So will you trading in your X for the Iphone4??

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by cueto, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cueto

cueto New Member

Just like stated.....will you be pre ordering your new iphone 4 on 2.3.11??? Or will your X be staying in your pocket/holster/purse etc....? Let's get a tally going.....ill start by saying F* iphone and ill be keeping my droid!!!

GO ANDROID! !!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

moved to iphone sub section.
  3. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

This post is very close to trolling and instigating on a good day. Please lets not do this again.
  4. MrKleen

MrKleen New Member

If the iphone had come to Verizon before Android got here I would certainly be an iphone owner.

I do think the iphone on Verizon is what it should have been all along.
  5. rgreene1971

rgreene1971 New Member

HELL NO! I am keeping my Droid X. I like being able to open my phone and do what I want with it.
  6. IIGood

IIGood Member

Nope, never will move to Apple devices. I've loved the Android concept ever since it was unveiled and will now stick with Android. Guess you could consider me a bit of a Google "fanboy."
  7. Pravius

Pravius New Member

I love my Droid X, however to be honest I am tempted. I used to be an apple hater. I work in the IT field and never understood just why Apple charges so much for their equipment.

Then I bought a Macbook. I really only bought it so that I could learn Snow Leopard to be able to support Mac's for my personal business.

Needless to say, things have changed. Now granted this is a laptop and not a phone however I really like the time that Apple puts into their products and just how nice they are overall.

However, I still really love google and Droid. Wish I could own both. Honestly now I will probably wait out my contract with my X and then see where the road takes me. I use google for all my contact and address info, that alone is a huge factor in converting.
  8. cpjr

cpjr New Member

I wish guys would search first....there are already several of these threads floating around.
  9. Pravius

Pravius New Member

Because that's what I do responding to a thread. I search to make sure there is no other thread like the one I am responding to. Unless of course you were referring to the OP, in that case then yea but considering this was created in a different forum that may not apply. Personally, I think the mods are doing a fantastic job.

:blink:
  10. yuusharo

yuusharo New Member

I was an iPhone user for two years before switching to the Droid X. I always wanted to try Android but was hesitant to give up the "safety" the iPhone gives you in terms of quality in software and features. My journey with the DX started pretty rough, but over time, I've seen the apps evolve from slapped together, sorta working, to fantastic and powerful (Facebook and Twitter being prime examples). I also very much prefer Verizon's network over AT&T.

Am I trading the Droid X for the iPhone? Not while I'm still under contract, I'm not. I bought in on a 1-year contract, so my upgrade is due in June, same time as the iPhone 5 details start coming out. Will iOS 5 be enough to bring me back? Well, the iPhone has the hotspot feature finally, and if they clean up notifications a bit, it may be my next phone. I'll go with whatever phone will suit me best. The Droid X is currently that phone, the iPhone may be the next.

Regardless, the competition is getting really heavy now. Manufactures are battling Apple and each other to make their phones stand out. Carriers are now competing on services and devices that suit just about anyone. The iPhone on Verizon only means more competition for everyone else, which is awesome for us consumers.
  11. Pravius

Pravius New Member

Indeed I agree with you on all points here. One thing that I am concerned about is will Apple treat the two networks as the same or different? What I am getting at is what if this release on verizon (iphone 4), is it until they are good and ready to bring out the Iphone 5 on CDMA? Even though they may announce a new phone in June it may not be due out on Verizon for some time until the Iphone 4 carries out it's life cycle.
  12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

The discussion on this thread is available on several other threads in this portion of the Forum. We are not an iPhone Forum, we are a Droid Forum. We don't want a whole lot of extra threads on the iPhone, this area we only made this area because we know people want to talk about the acquisition of iPhone by Verizon. Having said that, this thread is closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.