Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Bugless' started by bmb0205, Jun 5, 2010.
man i can't wait fro pete's version to come out!
Looks like Pete is working on Froyo Froyo Bugless Beast Info - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - Froyo Bugless Beast Info - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - Forum
tempted to try it out but i think im gonna wait for the bugless version.
Went from BBv1.0 to Froyo, got the wifi tether working again and it does seem pretty fast moving arond the UI. Turn off animations!
i actually waited for the sync to finish. i waited almost 1 hour.. maybe i needed the wifi fix update and overclocked
I tried it everything worked perfect, it was fast but decided to go back to BB it wasn't anything major...and flash made the browser scrolling and zooming slower so that was a turn off for me...but all in all it was great just needs to be worked on especially how hot it gets...
Hate to say it, but for me Froyo blows BB 1.1 out of the water. Froyo fixed several problems that were major hassles for me:
1. My Droid now works flawlessly with the Bluetooth in my car. Before, it would pair and then drop immediately. Froyo expands connectivity with older car bluetooth systems.
2. I can now see my exchange calendar and my personal calendar together. No more corporate calendar, they are now integrated.
3. Exchange support is way way better than before. The native exchange app now works well enough that I don't really need Touchdown anymore. It searches the Global Address List for Exchange email addresses.
4. I can rotate the phone 90 degrees to the right. Now I can mount my phone the way I want it in the car and have the charger cord on top.
5. My last BIG issue is whether I can now connect to my WiFi at work. This has never worked for me due to the Droids inability to accept the certificate from the network. If this works for me tomorrow, then I'm never going back to a 2.1 ROM. May not anyway...
This is a major major release. Once you start going through it you start to see all of the stuff they've added and worked on. I'm just really impressed with it.
i'm now trying to copy the froyo .apk's over to a 2.1 rom wish me luck!
bb 1.1 @ 1.1 & UD version of 2.2 @ 1.2
Not really a fair comparison. BB 1.1 is based on 2.1 not 2.2 (Froyo). I am sure Pete's ROM based on Froyo will improve upon what you are experiencing.
Froyo 2.2 vs. BB1.1
I switched over to the Froyo RC ROM with P3Droid 800 Mhz. I had to reload Autokill, SetCPU, AdFree, etc. because BB1.1 included all these features. I have to say I like Froyo and having flash is nice. However, I like BB11 a little bit better and can't wait until Pete creates a BB on 2.2! It will really fly. I think Froyo is smooth and feature filled and the temperatures and battery life seem to be as good as BB11.
I switch between BB1.1 and Froyo by using MyBackup to backup/restore MMS, SMS, and call log. I have both ROMs optimized and backed up in SPRecovery and swap ROMs and data in about 5 minutes...
To all the developers, Great job and keep up the awesome work!!
After a full 24 hours of running the "Froyo" ROM, I will say that Bugless v. 1.1 is more responsive and seems to just run smoother. If you're concerned about performance stick with Bugless for now, if you want the new features (which are pretty awesome btw) give this a try.
I do have to say that I was wrong about the responsiveness of this ROM before. I think it's because I now have this ROM setup the way I had BB running with all my widgets etc. Seems like it uses a ton of memory all the time as well. I haven't had any of the heating issues some have had though (using setcpu). This ROM will not install Maps for me (known bug) and for some reason I haven't been able to get Launcherpro going either. I'll stick with this ROM until Pete's new Bugless comes out.
As far as Quadrant scores go I can't say seeing as I haven't run Quadrant over Bugless (I'm pretty sure they are off the charts). I will say that my score over Froyo has been consistently between 1400-1500 (I'm overclocked to 1.2Ghz) which is faster than N1
Once Pete goes into the lab, and perfects 2.2 like I know he will, it will only get better. This ROM almost feels like stock 2.1 to me as far as responsiveness is concerned, it's noticeable coming from BB 1.1.
(this is only my opinion whether right or wrong, I'm trying to be as objective as I can be with this response.)