So...will YOU be switching to froyo?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by bmb0205, Jun 5, 2010.

1. J*Bishop

J*Bishop New Member

man i can't wait fro pete's version to come out!
  2. Phxphenom

Phxphenom New Member

3. beefdog

beefdog New Member

tempted to try it out but i think im gonna wait for the bugless version.
  4. peterpressure

peterpressure New Member

Went from BBv1.0 to Froyo, got the wifi tether working again and it does seem pretty fast moving arond the UI. Turn off animations!
  5. 00s2ked

00s2ked New Member

i actually waited for the sync to finish. i waited almost 1 hour.. maybe i needed the wifi fix update and overclocked

6. clk55r1d3h

clk55r1d3h New Member

I tried it everything worked perfect, it was fast but decided to go back to BB it wasn't anything major...and flash made the browser scrolling and zooming slower so that was a turn off for me...but all in all it was great just needs to be worked on especially how hot it gets...
  7. Canefan

Canefan New Member

Hate to say it, but for me Froyo blows BB 1.1 out of the water. Froyo fixed several problems that were major hassles for me:

1. My Droid now works flawlessly with the Bluetooth in my car. Before, it would pair and then drop immediately. Froyo expands connectivity with older car bluetooth systems.

2. I can now see my exchange calendar and my personal calendar together. No more corporate calendar, they are now integrated.

3. Exchange support is way way better than before. The native exchange app now works well enough that I don't really need Touchdown anymore. It searches the Global Address List for Exchange email addresses.

4. I can rotate the phone 90 degrees to the right. Now I can mount my phone the way I want it in the car and have the charger cord on top.

5. My last BIG issue is whether I can now connect to my WiFi at work. This has never worked for me due to the Droids inability to accept the certificate from the network. If this works for me tomorrow, then I'm never going back to a 2.1 ROM. May not anyway...

This is a major major release. Once you start going through it you start to see all of the stuff they've added and worked on. I'm just really impressed with it.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  8. pkdesigns

pkdesigns New Member

i'm now trying to copy the froyo .apk's over to a 2.1 rom ;) wish me luck!
  9. dmt316

dmt316 New Member

bb 1.1 @ 1.1 & UD version of 2.2 @ 1.2
  10. jawa6969

jawa6969 New Member

Not really a fair comparison. BB 1.1 is based on 2.1 not 2.2 (Froyo). I am sure Pete's ROM based on Froyo will improve upon what you are experiencing.
  11. evsdmf

evsdmf New Member

Froyo 2.2 vs. BB1.1

I switched over to the Froyo RC ROM with P3Droid 800 Mhz. I had to reload Autokill, SetCPU, AdFree, etc. because BB1.1 included all these features. I have to say I like Froyo and having flash is nice. However, I like BB11 a little bit better and can't wait until Pete creates a BB on 2.2! It will really fly. I think Froyo is smooth and feature filled and the temperatures and battery life seem to be as good as BB11.

I switch between BB1.1 and Froyo by using MyBackup to backup/restore MMS, SMS, and call log. I have both ROMs optimized and backed up in SPRecovery and swap ROMs and data in about 5 minutes...

To all the developers, Great job and keep up the awesome work!!
  12. tfkennady

tfkennady New Member

After a full 24 hours of running the "Froyo" ROM, I will say that Bugless v. 1.1 is more responsive and seems to just run smoother. If you're concerned about performance stick with Bugless for now, if you want the new features (which are pretty awesome btw) give this a try.

I do have to say that I was wrong about the responsiveness of this ROM before. I think it's because I now have this ROM setup the way I had BB running with all my widgets etc. Seems like it uses a ton of memory all the time as well. I haven't had any of the heating issues some have had though (using setcpu). This ROM will not install Maps for me (known bug) and for some reason I haven't been able to get Launcherpro going either. I'll stick with this ROM until Pete's new Bugless comes out.

As far as Quadrant scores go I can't say seeing as I haven't run Quadrant over Bugless (I'm pretty sure they are off the charts). I will say that my score over Froyo has been consistently between 1400-1500 (I'm overclocked to 1.2Ghz) which is faster than N1
    with Froyo.

Once Pete goes into the lab, and perfects 2.2 like I know he will, it will only get better. This ROM almost feels like stock 2.1 to me as far as responsiveness is concerned, it's noticeable coming from BB 1.1.

(this is only my opinion whether right or wrong, I'm trying to be as objective as I can be with this response.)
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  13. bjet767

bjet767 New Member

OK I switch back from BB 1.1 to Froyo 2.2 and have found the following:

My wireless tether now works after updating to the newest version on the market.
    The droid flashlight, Motorola Version, does not work.
    The boot is slower than BB and my custom bootanimation is about half the speed. I have the one where "Droid Does" crumbles with stars and the droid man.
    Battery about the same length.
    I like the auto dim screen feature on 2.2.
    I miss the battery percentage in BB 1.1
    Still testing and haven't used Flash yet.
    I found the 1100 kernel ran at 1200 but wasn't as stable as the 1250 kernel which runs at 1100.
    I use SetCPU in the "on demand mode" and it works great.

When I load v2.2 I do it with clockworks in this order:
    I haven't had to wipe.
    I backed up BB1.1
    Loaded 2.2
    Loaded 125 kernel
    restored my backed up data from BB1.1

Booted and worked great.

I like 2.2 and hope BB uses the update because his stuff is generally better than stock by a lot.
  14. borgey401

borgey401 New Member

what is everyone using to monitor the cpu temp? I tried to you tempmonitor but it would not let me monitor the cpu temp for some reason. it gave me some message about tazmanian devil kernels not installed or something? i have never seen this message before and have used this app with basically every OC kernel I have flashed.... please someone let me know another app I am very picky about monitoring my CPU temp
  15. pkdesigns

pkdesigns New Member

Set CPU has it under System Info. Both battery and CPU temps.
Search tags for this page

droid razr maxx evony