So...will YOU be switching to froyo?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by bmb0205, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ShdwDrake

ShdwDrake Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah Froyo is awesome. When BB with Froyo is out will get!

2. michael_campbell

michael_campbell Member

Ratings:
    +0

If only you had a way to back that thing up and restore it easily if the new ROM doesn't work for you....

=)

3. korp

korp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup ... great words of advice. When I kept trying it, things just kept freezing up and couldn't even restore my backup with getting stuck in a boot loop.

Personally, BB works great and especially because I can't even get Froyo to work in a stable form I will stay with BB and ADW.Launcher.

4. rdiggity123

rdiggity123 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried out froyo today and benched with quadrant at the top of the stack with it o/c to 1ghz. (1389 score) The overall *feel* of the phone still seems more responsive to me with my BBv1.1 setup. I went back to my 2.1 and will anxiously await the pimped out BB froyo edition. Sure is fun to be able to try out new things and play around though. ;)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  5. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +629
    Agree with everything. I'm just going to keep playing around in Froyo, though. Hoping Pete gets something out by the end of the week and I'll be making a long overdue donation.

Might make the leap tonight to partition my SD Card and install Droidswap. Really hoping Pete supports that and Apps2sd, but I can wait for those 2.

6. SergeantDroid

SergeantDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried it. But I like my BB. It seemed somewhat slow to me. However, I may try it again after a complete wipe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. jimnutt

jimnutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apps2sd works in Froyo, but the app itself has to support it as well and only a few do so at this time.

8. bill12690

bill12690 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i jumped ship and made the ship. went back to BB to compare a little, and noticed my market wouldn't download anything.. found no fix for it anywhere, so went back to Froyo and am sticking with it until Pete comes out with a 2.2 rom.

Not saying my market issues were related to BB at all, im most certain they werent, and many other people have had the same issues.

9. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As much as I want Froyo I am going to wait it out. A BB based on this would be awesome especially with a Bekit 7 slot LV 800 Mhz w/ Pete's OC script like BB v1.x. Although I would also imagine that a Froyo based BB on the AOSP would be even better. In any case I will wait it out just because I love the way my phone runs now and really don't wanna go mucking with it. After trying them all I settled on BB from here on out. So when Pete drops a ROM is when I will pay attention.

10. jookyone

jookyone Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Froyo is good... battery performance is ok.

Switched my wife's phone to froyo so she could have Flash. Stable with no issues. She came from an unrooted, basically stock Droid with about 60 apps installed. The setup phase of the initial froyo boot took about 15 minutes, and gave the notification "60 apps have been installed, blah blah."

Battery life is the only downer so far... down to 20% in about 14 hours of light use, but I downloaded SetCPU this evening and set up some profiles to see if I could help it out a bit.

I think I will be waiting for a BB froyo and some LV kernels to appear, as I dont think I'd want to give up the extra toys for poor battery performance.

11. dwagner88

dwagner88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried it. didn't like it. It still isn't smooth enough for me. And my most used application (mototorch) will not work. Back to BB I go. If I can that is. I'm trying to boot into recovery to restore my nandroid from clockwork, but it wont effing load. Gets stuck on the M.

12. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1+1
    Same, but preferring 1ghz bekit, and the AOSP comments, to the max, GO PETE GO, been watching your twitter, I know your at it.
    :)

13. Phxphenom

Phxphenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just saw a tweet from Peter Alfonso:
    "Successfully made an update.zip that did not break 3G! I can finally get some sleep. Bugless Beast on the way! RT"

14. bill12690

bill12690 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well, thats good news to me :)

15. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Well, now there is a newer Froyo build out.....

I wonder which one he will be using. The newer build fixes some apps that didnt work on 2.2 before: Moto Torch and chrome-to-phone are the only 2 that I know of that didnt work before. I assume more bug fixes happened too.

Scrolling is faster, browsing is faster, benchmark tests are higher....everything is just faster on this new build.

Hopefully he uses the latest one. So far there are at least 2, maybe 3 custom Froyo ROMs that I know of. Still cant wait to try Pete's.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
Search tags for this page

droid razr maxx evony