So...will YOU be switching to froyo?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by bmb0205, Jun 5, 2010.

1. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

not quite. Froyo is easily the fastest ROM and smoothest I've ever had my phone at. This thing flies, and I really can't imagine how anyone is comparing this to BB 1.1. There is no comparison. When BB Froyo comes out, it'll most probably be the most awesome ROM yet, but 1.1 has nothing on Froyo...
  2. bill12690

bill12690 New Member

I had BB 1.1, and am now using Froyo. Mainly because something broke my market on my BB nandroid.. On paper, Froyo is much faster. quadrant scored, linpack...all much faster. My benchmark is a tiny bit higher, but i'm sure once pete releases something that'll be lower than it was before.

Using the phone, I haven't really done anything yet that would make me say it is faster. Its very smooth, and I like some of the new apps with Froyo. Do I think its way faster? Not from how I've used the phone. But, I haven't really done anything to test that. I do know, its definately not slower. From what I've seen, I havent really lost any performance by switching, so i'll stay here until Pete releases something new.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  3. greenbeem93

greenbeem93 New Member

I couldn't agree more
  4. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

My opinion is things are a bit sluggish or "sticky" while the processor itself is capable of much, much more.

Basically I think Froyo is illustrating the grossly inadequate ram that prevents exploiting the processor to its full potential. Hmmm, haven't seen or heard much about droidswap...wonder if it could have major potential with this Froyo release?

I really don't get that about the Droid (beyond forced obsolescence). It almost like launching a netbook with a quad-core processor and just a max of 1 gig ram.
Search tags for this page

droid razr maxx evony