so why use WIFI?

tamlin42

Reaction score
lmao!!!!:d

I've read this about ten times and simply do not get it??? What's so funny???

It's funny bc he used ghz instead of mhz - huge speed difference. ghz might be feasible wherever Google makes its 1ghz test network tho !!

Sorry, Still not quite right. speed isn't measured in Hz, it's usually measured in Mbps for broadband connections. 3Mbps is middle of the road speed for DSL. 5 is good dsl, but cable and other technologies can go even higher. I'm not even sure 3g is capable of 3Mbps, someone more knowledgeable than me may chime in.

Last edited:

lilhill

Reaction score

It's funny bc he used ghz instead of mhz - huge speed difference. ghz might be feasible wherever Google makes its 1ghz test network tho !!

Sorry, Still not quite right. speed isn't measured in Hz, it's usually measured in Mbps for broadband connections. 3Mbps is middle of the road speed for DSL. 5 is good dsl, but cable and other technologies can go even higher. I'm not even sure 3g is capable of 3Mbps, someone more knowledgeable than me may chime in.

Woops...

I just ran Speed Test with full 3G signal and got 1.7 Mbps. That seemed very high to me as usually I'm only at about .8 Mbps, but I ran it again and got 1.3 Mbps, so I guess the speed is legit...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Damn, I felt so dumb not getting the joke. But I simply could not see that it said Ghz. When I wrote that I knew it was mbps and not Ghz, but I obviously can type faster than I can think. :)

Asharad

Reaction score
Why use WIFI? If you are an ATT user, like myself, then you can't even get 3g, and so you are stuck with EDGE. And even that doesn't work 1/2 of the time. I returned my iPhone to ATT last weekend. Can't wait to try the DX.