So who's super disappointed?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of storage on a phone. Why? You can store them on your computer or laptop. I use Google Pictures and I save most of the photos etc I wanna keep forever on my laptop. You never keep all your photos cause some just don't come out right. Phones are phones remember not music or video players.

Well, mine's also a music player. If you don't like that then don't use yours for a music player, but don't tell me what to use mine for. If I just wanted a phone then I'd get a flip phone. And for your information I have 33GB of photos and 19GB of music on my computer, so it isn't all on my phone.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I think 32GB should be standard on new phones for internal... Everyone we all know cloud storage is possible with many services.. At the same time plenty of us don't want to use this service.. I have a 64gb card using 45GB or so and enjoy my music on card.. If you are in area (like underground subway) I can listen to my music and not worry about connection or making a quick playlist b4 I'm out of range.. It's a great looking phone.. I'm sure most will be happy.. I agree 32GB internal would sway more peeps..

N2 tap'd HD

Theron

Reaction score
So, I have a Verizon Moto X. Whenever I get a text message, I can't expand it in my notification bar. When I do the two finger pinch-thing, it looks like it expands, but nothing happens. I don't get a preview. The only thing that changes is the little message icon in the bottom right of the notification either appears or disappears.

Has anyone else had this problem? I would really like it to be fixed, because I used that feature all of the time to pre-read my messages.

Amagine

Reaction score
The real reason for the move from SD Cards is ExtFat32. Microsoft owns the rights to it, thus any manufacturer who makes a device that has an SD slot must pay a royalty to MS. Why they won't try to go to a different file system, who knows. I am in the same way as some people. While at work, I sometimes don't have access to google music or any other cloud device. So onboard memory it must be.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of storage on a phone. Why? You can store them on your computer or laptop. I use Google Pictures and I save most of the photos etc I wanna keep forever on my laptop. You never keep all your photos cause some just don't come out right. Phones are phones remember not music or video players.

Phones are basically everything but a phone call machine for many people now. Phones will do what a pda, music player, camera, pen and paper, and AIM on a laptop or desktop used to be needed for plus more. Why do you think the carriers have gone from unlimited data and limited call minutes to unlimited call minutes and limited data for? The profit is in data now, not phone calls.
On my last dumbphone I had the maximum sized card (8gb back in 07 ?) it would hold to store my music and photos.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

alhadee12

Reaction score
@Theron I just tried it and my pinch allows me to expend the message with no problems.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
You can even use one finger to expand which was changed in android 4.1.2

Sent from my XT1060