So who's super disappointed?

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course we will if there is no other choice. However, if there is a choice between removable batteries and/or SD expansion then many will buy those because of those differences. I wonder if all those who make Samsung the top seller would still buy them instead of the more solid feeling Motos or HTC One if none had replaceable batteries and SD card expansion. I bet it's more than you think. Of course, no one really knows. Perhaps Samsung has done marketing studies that give them the answer, or maybe not.

I was in the store to get a Moto X until I realized that not only did it not have a removable battery it doesn't have expandable storage. I walked back out with my S3 still in my pocket. Waiting on the Note 3.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I was in the store to get a Moto X until I realized that not only did it not have a removable battery it doesn't have expandable storage. I walked back out with my S3 still in my pocket. Waiting on the Note 3.

I grabbed on regardless of the same opinion. Great phone. Don't need removable storage or battery personally although I like them. Give it a shot u won't be disappointed.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 2

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I grabbed on regardless of the same opinion. Great phone. Don't need removable storage or battery personally although I like them. Give it a shot u won't be disappointed.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 2

I don't actually need either of those, as long as the battery and memory is sufficient. However, 16GB of memory, with only 10GB or so free is not sufficient.
I (and apparently Mike.757) am already disappointed since I know that 10GB free is not enough for the music, pics and videos that I already want to load on it. This doesn't even include photos that I will/might take.
Otherwise, I do like the phone. The size, smoothness and features are nearly perfect for me. Perhaps I'll consider the 32GB version when it's available on Verizon. Until then, it's a definite no go. With the size and cost of memory these days, it is not reasonable for companies to not put in at least 32GB for middle and top end phones. And charging an extra $50 for 16GB is unreasonable too. Not as bad as Apple though for the outrageous prices they charge for extra memory.

dad2paisley

Reaction score
Who would pay $600 for this phone? If you due for an upgrade it only cost $199 just like the HTC One, S4. You also get a $50 off code, so it's now $149. And stop staying that the Moto X is a midrange phone. It's not.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I also heard you get 50GB of free storage for 2 years.

That's great if you want to pay $600 to keep unlimited. However, I don't intend to pay that much for any phone. Even if I do pay full price, I still have to pay the subsidized monthly price for data, so Verizon gets the max money for the phone and the max money for data. This is why I want at least 32GB memory on the phone or SD card storage. Verizon and Google are trying to force people to pay for storage and data to bring in as much money as possible. Of course, the 2 years of storage for free is nice if you have unlimited.

The rest of the world pays full price for the phones. I wonder how much they pay monthly for phone service and data.

m3incorp

Reaction score
That's great if you want to pay $600 to keep unlimited. However, I don't intend to pay that much for any phone. Even if I do pay full price, I still have to pay the subsidized monthly price for data, so Verizon gets the max money for the phone and the max money for data. This is why I want at least 32GB memory on the phone or SD card storage. Verizon and Google are trying to force people to pay for storage and data to bring in as much money as possible. Of course, the 2 years of storage for free is nice if you have unlimited.

The rest of the world pays full price for the phones. I wonder how much they pay monthly for phone service and data.

I agree 100%.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I don't actually need either of those, as long as the battery and memory is sufficient. However, 16GB of memory, with only 10GB or so free is not sufficient.
I (and apparently Mike.757) am already disappointed since I know that 10GB free is not enough for the music, pics and videos that I already want to load on it. This doesn't even include photos that I will/might take.
Otherwise, I do like the phone. The size, smoothness and features are nearly perfect for me. Perhaps I'll consider the 32GB version when it's available on Verizon. Until then, it's a definite no go. With the size and cost of memory these days, it is not reasonable for companies to not put in at least 32GB for middle and top end phones. And charging an extra $50 for 16GB is unreasonable too. Not as bad as Apple though for the outrageous prices they charge for extra memory.

Why not use Google play music and have all your music stored for free? I also back all my photos up to Google plus free that way I always have access to all my photos. Just a thought.

Galaxy S4!!!

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Why not use Google play music and have all your music stored for free? I also back all my photos up to Google plus free that way I always have access to all my photos. Just a thought.

Galaxy S4!!!

I need about 20GB free memory for the music, photos and videos that I currently want to keep on the phone. I don't want to pay $600 for the phone just to keep unlimited. Since I'm nearly always on wifi, I have never even used 1GB in any month. However, I'm rarely on wifi when listening to music, so I would have to use data. That would likely easily take me over the 2GB that I would have if I buy the X subsidized. If the X had a SD card slot I would probably have one already. Even 32GB memory (25GB free after I load my apps) would probably be acceptable, but a SD card slot would be better.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I need about 20GB free memory for the music, photos and videos that I currently want to keep on the phone. I don't want to pay $600 for the phone just to keep unlimited. Since I'm nearly always on wifi, I have never even used 1GB in any month. However, I'm rarely on wifi when listening to music, so I would have to use data. That would likely easily take me over the 2GB that I would have if I buy the X subsidized. If the X had a SD card slot I would probably have one already. Even 32GB memory (25GB free after I load my apps) would probably be acceptable, but a SD card slot would be better.

Yeah I can see where that's an issue. I rarely stream music in the car so it doesn't really affect my usage.

Galaxy S4!!!

NOVICE

Reaction score
As a non-advanced user the arguments I've read against the option of an SD card are baffling.

I've used a 32 gig card for a couple of years and the only thing I've noticed is that I haven't had to pay an obscene price for internal memory exceeding 16 gigs.

The idea that the typical consumer is confused about where his/her data is being stored or that they have to grant added permissions to store material on the SD card... well, I don't know how to respond to those criticisms.

recDNA

Reaction score
I'm still disappointed. Waiting for note 3 or a new nexus

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

dad2paisley

Reaction score
I had mine for 7 days on the 14 day trial. I really like the Moto X. It's so easy to use and the 16G doesn't bother me. I am still thinking on keeping my HTC One though and returning the Moto X but I still have a few more days to decide.

dad2paisley

Reaction score

Wow, that's a lot of storage on a phone. Why? You can store them on your computer or laptop. I use Google Pictures and I save most of the photos etc I wanna keep forever on my laptop. You never keep all your photos cause some just don't come out right. Phones are phones remember not music or video players.